Thule 561 15mm Conversion

Caller
Caller Posts: 124
edited May 2012 in MTB general
I've just bought a Thule 561 and want to use it with my current bike which has 15mm axle fitted in the forks.

The proper Thule 15mm adaptor appears to be nothing more than a small length of aluminium tubing and costs £32 so I'm planning on buying some tubing and making my own :shock:

If anyone's got a 15mm adaptor, could they measure it and let me know how long it is?

If not I'm guessing that as long as it's as long as my front hub is wide it should be fine?

Comments

• mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    Caller wrote:
    I've just bought a Thule 561 and want to use it with my current bike which has 15mm axle fitted in the forks.

The proper Thule 15mm adaptor appears to be nothing more than a small length of aluminium tubing and costs £32 so I'm planning on buying some tubing and making my own :shock:

If anyone's got a 15mm adaptor, could they measure it and let me know how long it is?

If not I'm guessing that as long as it's as long as my front hub is wide it should be fine?

100mm
  • Caller
    Caller Posts: 124
    Caller wrote:

100mm

Thanks for that, much appreciated :D