B'twin rockrider 5.3 help

mightypete
mightypete Posts: 6
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hey,
Ok so bought a the rockrider the other day on a medium frame but after getting home and noticing that when I put my feet on the ground that my jewels where on the bar(I’m 5’6) decided was not the best idea for safety and changed if for a smaller frame.
My problem is (and in new to all this so might sound stupid) is that trying out the bike and when I’m cycling with my ball of my feet on the pedal I feel a bit tight legged/angled. Changed the seat height etc but can’t get right with my butt on the seat and my legs in a good cycling position, is this because the frame sizes for this bike model are not suited to me and would be better with a different brand of bike. I had a go on my mates Claude Butler Pagan and that felt a bit better but now I’m thinking it’s in my head.
Anyway thanks for reading my rambling and any advice would be great, just want to get cycling 

Comments

• I think that Decathlon sizes are a bit bigger than most for some reason. I tried a small and medium 8.1 out in the shop. The medium felt a bit too big but the small felt, well, too small. I settled on the medium and, because my jewels were resting on the bar when stood, I moved the seat back a fraction. Try moving the seat forward/backward as well as up/down to see if you can get a better riding position.
  • mightypete
    mightypete Posts: 6
    I think that Decathlon sizes are a bit bigger than most for some reason. I tried a small and medium 8.1 out in the shop. The medium felt a bit too big but the small felt, well, too small. I settled on the medium and, because my jewels were resting on the bar when stood, I moved the seat back a fraction. Try moving the seat forward/backward as well as up/down to see if you can get a better riding position.[/quote]

Ill give it a go, but the wee guy says he will give me a full refund if a bring it back so i may have to cut my losses, was thinking of just taking the medium but then as im just starting out a can see me having a few wipeouts and then having a doc having to have a fumble of the boulders of love, pity though as a thought the bike was great for the price.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    I really don't see what's different to any other bikes.

Post pics of you in a couple of positions on your bike.

Have a read of the how much standover do you have thread is a stick I think.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Standover height is not important - you'll be standing up over the interesting bits anyway.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools