Holiday in Bavaria

chazkayak
chazkayak Posts: 193
edited June 2012 in Holidays
Hi, has anyone been MTBing in Bavaria? Am thinking more in the region along the Austrian border around Fussen near the Chity Chity Bang Bang Castle (neuschwanstein castle).

If yes what did you think of it. Where did you stay?

Comments

• chazkayak
    Anyone considered it but decided not to go, why?
  • OTimms
    OTimms Posts: 14
    Hi Chaz, I see this thread is a bit old, but we're also looking for places to go in Germany.

One of our regular cycling mates has just moved to Frankfurt and he's invited us over. Only problem is we can't find many trails in that area. Without wanting to get the tar brush out, it seems they like the natural stuff there, going for distance through easy singletrack.

We're now considering the trek over to the German-Austrian border to get a better choice of technical trails. A Google search gets a list of 'bike parks' which I assume is the same as our trail centres but none of them have maps or details to get you excited.

Sorry I can't help but if you find anything could you post back to let me know?

Thanks

Ollie
  • chazkayak
    OT

Can you send me links to the sites that you have seen with the "bike Parks" on.

The reason I posted this was, I have some experience of biking in Bavaria and was looking for other peeps's opinions of the area.

I used to live less than a Km away from the Austrian border so know whats on offer.......was wondering if it was what other bikers would want to visit.

I may be able to give advice of areas you may want to visit.