Need Help with bike collection High Wycombe ebay purchase

grpnpton
grpnpton Posts: 275
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
Won a mtb on ebay today,however seller won't post,Im in Northampton Town bike is located just off J4 M40
If your local or can assist in any way that would be a huge help,If you could box it I could then arrange courier please reply via email gp0190 (at) gmail.com

Comments

• p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    grpnpton wrote:
    Won a mtb on ebay today,however seller won't post,Im in Northampton Town bike is located just off J4 M40
    If your local or can assist in any way that would be a huge help,If you could box it I could then arrange courier please reply via email gp0190 (at) gmail.com

Forgive me, but Northampton to High Wycombe is only about 80 minutes by car, assuming you have car would not be easier to collect it? Or ask someone you know with a car to take you to collect it?
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    You would be better to hire a car it's not that much dearer + you get to check the bike out in person - God i drove from Glasgow to Maestro's shop in Bognor Regis 3 years ago 850 mile round trip.....your only 60 mile away
  • nickel
    nickel Posts: 476
    Or if the OP can't drive then just get the train, pick up the bike and then get the train back?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Ask him to meet you half way ?

I'd not buy a big purchase off ebay without a chance to inspect it first. (which explains the weekend break to Windsor when I accidentally won a MTB I didnt think I would. Legoland plus a new bike. Result !)
  • grpnpton
    grpnpton Posts: 275
    If someone was coming to London That would also help and I'd pay £15 for your troubles