My little fleet of push-irons

GT_Dave
GT_Dave Posts: 161
edited May 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Heres my little fleet of rides, a Boardman Team FS, what used to be a Claud Butler Stone River and a Giant Defy 3:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71694697@N02/7236147612/

The Boardman is relativly standard except for a charge spoon saddle, DMR V12 Mag Pedals, Black grips and a pair of Schwalbe Black Shark tyres, bloody fantastic bike for the money!

Secondly is my little project, it used to be a Claud Butler Stone river but I stripped it down, and built up this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71694697@N02/7236163058/

It has a brand new token internal head set, Outland D31eight free ride stem and 720mm bars (Bargain at £28!!), lock on grips, shimano deore shifters, tektro auriga comp hydraulic brakes with new pads and 160mm rotors, rock shox judy TT front forks (Retro Classics :lol: ), 24 speed shimano alivio front and rear Mech, truativ double XR seat post and clamp, WTB saddle, Ddm wheels newly rebuilt and trued and fitted with Mountain king 2.2 tyres. Resprayed in VW red. Fully serviced with all new cables and outers and fitted with a lizard skin chain stay protector!

The only part I didnt do myself was the respray so Im very pleased with her, a proper budget bike which performs really well! I know it doesnt really fit in with most of the builds on here but im chuffed with it :D

Finally there is my Giant Defy 3, its got skinny tyres and is crap in the mud but it keeps me under 16 stone and its fast, it also allows me to wear lots of lycra :lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71694697@N02/7236160170/

Thats all for now, my dream bike is a Ragley Piglet dripping with hope but until I win the lottery or sell these 3 then its just a dream but one day im sure it will become a reality :D

Comments

• IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    Nice bikes and that includes the Giant even if it is a road bike but i love the looks of your project bike as the vw red you've had the frame painted really suits it lol .
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • GT_Dave
    IT66T wrote:
    Nice bikes and that includes the Giant even if it is a road bike but i love the looks of your project bike as the vw red you've had the frame painted really suits it lol .

Cheers Mate, im really chuffed with it, scared to ride it though in case i chip the paint! I was going to sell it to fund a dropper seat post but I dont think I have the heart now :oops:
  • IT66T
    Well tbh if i owned it i'm not sure i'd want to sell it either and that's just going of the looks but what i'd do is get some heli tape to protect the vulnerable areas of the frame and just save up for the dropper seat post .
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • GT_Dave
    IT66T wrote:
    Well tbh if i owned it i'm not sure i'd want to sell it either and that's just going of the looks but what i'd do is get some heli tape to protect the vulnerable areas of the frame and just save up for the dropper seat post .

Yep its definitely staying, helitape is a must!!
  • IT66T
    GT_Dave wrote:
    IT66T wrote:

Yep its definitely staying, helitape is a must!!

Nice one !! .