Another too good to be true deal???

pcm1980
pcm1980 Posts: 40
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
This deal seems too good to be true. Anybody bought from here before??

http://www.buybikes247.com/buy/mondrake ... cm_431.htm

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Theyre a full ACT member (I checked on the ACT site) so no good reason not to believe its true.. They might suck as a shop though...
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    it is possible to find half new price bikes (especailly if an older model) , although I can't tell you anything about this one or the shop. No reason to doubt it that i know of.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    if you put the phone number into google it brings up 2 different shops with the same number :?

but if you're saving that much a trip to the shop itself could be in order :D
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Well technically it's a good deal, but realistically i'd expect to pay around that for a bike of that spec anyway. Mondraker are just overpriced.
  • pcm1980
    pcm1980 Posts: 40
    Should i buy the mondraker at this price or go for the canyon nerve am6 which is about £150 dearer? I just want a good all mountain bike which cost less than £1500, i fancy something a bit different to the usual giant and specialized suggestions.
    Thanks
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    That Mondraker looks very overpriced, not many £2200 bikes have Juicy 3's, X7s etc!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.