Bottom bracket tool

pholt89
pholt89 Posts: 56
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi all
Does anyone know of a good 8 notch bb tool that you can attach to a 1/2" ratchet handle. All the ones I've seen just need a (huge) adjustable spanner to opperate them and I'd rather not have to spend £15+ on one. If the worst comes to the worst I'll just buy the relavent socket (32mm for most I believe) but as I said would preffer it if there was one I could use straight off with out spending more as i've already spent over £100 on tools for this bike build!
Cheers

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Superstar.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • pholt89
    Dunno if I'm being blind but just had a look on there tools page and could only see 20 spline and hollowtech ones, not 8 notch? :?
  • ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    The old style ones don't work like that.... Hence nobody making one :)
  • cooldad
    Ah yes, missed that.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    pholt89 wrote:
    Hi all
    Does anyone know of a good 8 notch bb tool that you can attach to a 1/2" ratchet handle. All the ones I've seen just need a (huge) adjustable spanner to opperate them and I'd rather not have to spend £15+ on one. If the worst comes to the worst I'll just buy the relavent socket (32mm for most I believe) but as I said would preffer it if there was one I could use straight off with out spending more as i've already spent over £100 on tools for this bike build!
    Cheers
    For what BB?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • pholt89
    It is unbranded as far as I can tell. Here is a pic of the side with writing on.
    ?action=view&current=IMAG0047.jpg
    Sorry not sure whats happened to the pic I'll try that again
  • pholt89
    IMAG0047.jpg

second edit: was being an idiot and using the wrong link
  • cooldad
    Looks like a 123 Quad Isus BB.
    I don't do smileys.