Weekend part2 thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,871
edited May 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning

Up with the kids and already had the tidy the lounge and the playroom argument with them :roll:

Today should hopefully include some swimming as I have got my first triathlon next week and haven't practiced yet, got a sinking feeling I will be doing breast stroke (probably required as this is the crudcatcher)

Other than that lots of study needed and maybe a trip out in the canoe

Comments

• castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    matthew h wrote:
    Morning

Up with the kids and already had the tidy the lounge and the playroom argument with them :roll:

Thats the same reason for me being up, well that and an arguement about yoghurts ffs!! and to top it off i kicked the end of the bed !! :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry:
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Kids have got me up as well but 7:40 seemed like a nice lie in. Well the oldest has got me up while the youngest is still sound asleep.

Found my phone last night after it had been lost for about a month, been using a crappy old one that was lying around with a replaement SIM. Now I've got this one back I might have a look at strava today as there seem to be a lot of people using it.

Off to Hamsterley today but not with my bike, taking the kids in Megatron instead. Should be good anyway.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Amazing ball last night, up until people started getting a bit too drunk and crying and shit but, other than that it was good. Bit annoying when the bar ran out of booze but meh, not the end of the world.

Empire of Dirt in a bit, the mate I was meant to be going with did manage to get into quite a state last night though so might be end up being a bit of a loner today :lol:

Laters
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Bonjour Maggots,

Great day in Offenburg yesterday and the temps were well into the early 30º+, and it's going to be hotter today!
    Had a few Scots pipe bands march through Strasbourg yesterday, filling the air with Gaelic sounds, pretty cool by my book.

Taking the missus out to lunch today, then we have friends over for dinner tonight, loving the life in France, but missing Cannock Chase weekend rides though...
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Mornin Scuttlers

Quiet day today, work early tommorrow so getting all my guff in order, plus dropping some bike bits off later on

that is all
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    yay start of nice weather :D

just had an awesome breakfast baguette with bacon, 4 sausages and cheesy beans.om nom nom. now i'm sipping on an ice cold rockstar original, which is actually quite nice. i think i'm set to do some much needed revision now
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    back-ache tastic sunday, the bottom feeder has just headed for the kitchen so bacons inbound, sure it will help back issues!

other than that..............nowt doing!

laters
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    im at work, with a hangover.
    arse!

.... and some twonk has just bought 8 bikes in for me to service!

goodnight.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    So the friend has decided she's going to MTFU and come along, just means I have to wait around until she's ready. Saw on twitter that Gee and Dan atherton are going to be there, think I'll be doing a little stalking later :lol:

Wonder if Rachel will be there too...
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Afternoon Losers!

Busy morning so far, but it's a more chilled out life this afternoon. Wish I'd brought my Blender with me, but it's not ready yet. Once the last few things have arrived, it'll be ready to blast around everywhere :D

Laters
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Woken up today with 0 motivation.

Might pack my bike up and do an after work ride tomorrow, but on the whole feeling flat today :(
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Yo Homos!

Had a nice little ride this morning. Explored an old spot that I've not been to for ages (last time I was there it was all washed out and horrible) and found it's improved loads. Really steep, rocky, rooty sections, bit more DH than anything, but really short sections. Great for skills.

Chinese for tea tonight. Win!

Looking to get the cruddy Inners trip booked up shortly so can anyone else interested in coming along please let me know ASAP so I know what sort of size place I'm looking to book.

For the record, I'm paying for the accommodation. Anyone coming along is invited to make a small donation to cardiomyopathy for Kaise instead (optional).

So far, I think it's just Me, Richie, Monkey and Squarepants who've confirmed.
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Yo Homos!

Had a nice little ride this morning. Explored an old spot that I've not been to for ages (last time I was there it was all washed out and horrible) and found it's improved loads. Really steep, rocky, rooty sections, bit more DH than anything, but really short sections. Great for skills.

Looking to get the cruddy Inners trip booked up shortly so can anyone else interested in coming along please let me know ASAP so I know what sort of size place I'm looking to book.

For the record, I'm paying for the accommodation. Anyone coming along is invited to make a small donation to cardiomyopathy for Kaise instead (optional).

Where and when is this, and what's the terrain like? I NEED a proper bike outing.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Yo Homos!

Where and when is this, and what's the terrain like? I NEED a proper bike outing.

plus potato!
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Afternoon all
    Just got the car unloaded after Peaks ride followed by party at MissBint's yesterday. Tony Hawk Lookalike turned up, that was fun. Feeling a little tired today... trying to get the energy together to unpack and wash the bike...
    Off to see the parental unit later... and blag a free dinner.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    It's last weekend in July (Arrive Fri 27th, check out Sun 29th).

We're staying between Inerleithen and Glentress (which are only a couple of km apart).

There is plenty of riding for everyone round there. Graded trail centres at GT and inners (plus more of the 7 stanes nearby), loads of natural XC stuff, plus, depending on where we stay, there are guided rides with transport laid on by the owners.
    As I understand it, there is also an uplift on at Inners all weekend for the DH types.

Essentially, pretty much the best riding on the UK right on your doorstep.

Depending on how many are coming, the place I've been looking at you can actually see riders descending the trails from the kitchen window.

We're all going to be super-stoked to feed off each other and ride some rad, supergnar, sick trails yo. I'll probably fall off a few times too for your amusement.

This isn't like the usual cruddy rides though where loads of people say they're going to go then never turn up. If you say you're going, you'd damn well better come, or I'll find out where you live and leave you in the nearest ditch. Sideways.

Edit: please see full details in the upcoming rides section: viewtopic.php?f=10014&t=12852880
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Morning. Maybe. Not very well today lol.
  • foxc_uk
    supersonic wrote:
    Morning. Maybe. Not very well today lol.
    Shouldn't have let me pour you drinks
  • supersonic
    Can't be much of that bottle of Morgans spiced left!
  • foxc_uk
    I didn't look this morning actually... reckon less than a quarter!
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    ^^ once the bottle is open, it must be finished! captains rules!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • supersonic
    I'm going back to bed, too old for this!
    once the bottle is open, it must be finished! captains rules!

I had 10 bottles of becks before we started, FoxC was drinking nuclear powered cider. A little delicate today!
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    supersonic wrote:
    Can't be much of that bottle of Morgans spiced left!

All gone!

Hello all, long time no talk ;)

Just deposited the potter at Thoresby for the night, so now for a chill out, bath, then off out for dinner with a friend....I WILL do some exercise tomorrow!!!!

I am happy to report I am hangover free and random wellness fail free (after a mad spontaneous wheezy illness occurred last night).

All this talk of bikes makes me think I should maybe actually contemplate taking mine out again....has been a while!
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • Gazlar
    MissBint37 wrote:
    think I should maybe actually contemplate taking mine out again....has been a while!

Don't do it, I took mine out in that school and now I have to wear this leg bracelet
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • supersonic
    You found my top yet Bint?!
  • Gazlar
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Tony Hawk Lookalike turned up, that was fun.

Why, had he got a fridge with him?

Tony_hawk_profile_1436310d.jpg
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,522
    Evening Wasters,

Back from a top day at Cwmcarn - 11 uplifts done, no big 'offs' and a lot of fun had. The sun even came out :) Bit knackered now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • foxc_uk
    Gazlar wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:

Not that Tony Hawk, the other one...
  • Gazlar
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:

Not that Tony Hawk, the other one...

what was he doing with a fridge then?
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • supersonic
    Keeping my beer cold.