But you don't have dandruff....

jordan_217
jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
So Cav has finally made the big time - a Head and Shoulders TV ad. Admittedly his screen presence isn't on par with Mr Steve Cram or Sir Chris Hoy a la Kellogs ads but not a bad start.

I hope he retains the world champs jersey next year, for his sake. I mean, Team Sky colours will show those pesky white flakes like a munter in a Cleat thread.
“Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    I think a look at Proctor & Gamble's (maker of H&S) website will give you an idea of how Cav ended up in an advert - not that the Olympics would EVER become all just about commercial sponsorship obviously!!

http://www.pg.com/en_UK/

PS which idiot let a certain well know American junk food company become an official sponsor?? :(
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    To be fair to Cav, he does look like a complete dork in the advert and it makes me chuckle every time I see it :)
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Is it because when it comes to the sprint at the end of a stage he's head and shoulders above the rest.

Badoom tissshhh!

I'll get me coat. :roll:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Makes me want to go out and buy a bottle..................no.....erm..............hang on................sod it, I'll just use my shower gel (Ted Baker) instead. Sorry, Cav.
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    byke68 wrote:
    Makes me want to go out and buy a bottle..................no.....erm..............hang on................sod it, I'll just use my shower gel (Ted Baker) instead. Sorry, Cav.
    That some fancy make is it? Nowt wrong with Tesco Everyday Value shower gel if you ask me...
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    byke68 wrote:

I haven't bought shampoo for years decided it was a total con! (and only for people who have hair)
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Cav's not the only sportsman going down this route....apparently a brand of new anti-dandruff shampoo's about to be launched featuring Joey Barton in the ad campaign. It's called D**khead & Shoulders. ;)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • byke68
    bompington wrote:
    byke68 wrote:
    That some fancy make is it? Nowt wrong with Tesco Everyday Value shower gel if you ask me...

Not very fancy, I've just moved on from Lynx. It got a bit tiresome, being chased by the ladies so something had to give................. 8)
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    byke68 wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    byke68 wrote:

Not very fancy, I've just moved on from Lynx. It got a bit tiresome, being chased by the ladies so something had to give................. 8)

It's a bit drastic to ditch your personality though, you could of just used Radox :wink:
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • byke68
    jordan_217 wrote:
    byke68 wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    byke68 wrote:

It's a bit drastic to ditch your personality though, you could have just used Radox :wink:

Radox! Na, that's for oldies innit? For another use for Head & Shoulders, watch Evoloution. :idea:
    Cannondale CAAD8