Ride buddies Huddersfield

greatesthits
greatesthits Posts: 5
edited September 2012 in MTB rides
Hi I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for some riding buddies in the Huddersfield area.
I'm new to mountain bike riding as I needed to start getting fitter as hit the big 40 earlier in the year, so if anyones willing to ride along and take it a little easy that would be fantastic.
Also looking for your help on knowledge of rides in the area but they need to start pretty central as I don't have any other means of transport at the moment, unless of course can be easily reached by train or something as I wouldn't mind travelling out a little further.

Thanks

Michael

Comments

• steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    Hi I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for some riding buddies in the Huddersfield area.
    I'm new to mountain bike riding as I needed to start getting fitter as hit the big 40 earlier in the year, so if anyones willing to ride along and take it a little easy that would be fantastic.
    Also looking for your help on knowledge of rides in the area but they need to start pretty central as I don't have any other means of transport at the moment, unless of course can be easily reached by train or something as I wouldn't mind travelling out a little further.

Thanks

Michael

Im gonna be going lee quarry soon when my bikes up n running and more than happy to come out to play. If you can get to Bacup station ill meet you there sort of thingcos ill come from crewe on train. Pm me your number and ill text ya email ya or summat. Im in the same boat. Just turned half seventy and need to get fit!
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • Hi Ralph, just looked on the train line website and can't find a train station in Bacup but would definatley be up for meeting somewhere.
    Will Pm my email details over to you, just give me a shout when your up and running.

Cheers

Michael
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    No station in Bacup I'm afraid folks, but it would be good

nearest station to Lee Quarry is either Rochdale or Todmorden
  • Stevo1811
    Stevo1811 Posts: 45
    Hi living near Mirfield and looking for ride buddies for local routes and trail days. Have transport and bike carrier so no problem in that area. Drop me a pm if you want to try something local. Try to get out weekly and cover anything from 10 - 30 miles. Steve
  • Great club based in Halifax west Yorkshire - http://www.halifaxmtb.co.uk/