Here's my CAAD10 finally built up.

7139928355_0ec9f1b02a_c.jpg

Comments

• greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    borat_nice-1.jpg
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Looks like it means business! That's an impressively aggressive position.
  • BBH
    BBH Posts: 476
    Nice!!! Love a good caad10 esp with slammed stem!!!!
    Why the shim shifters and SRAM crankset??? Not a critiscm as looks sweet, just wondering?
    2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
    2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
    2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
    Twitter: @MadRoadie
  • bencolem
    bencolem Posts: 463
    Looks born to crit! Guessing the force chainset is because Shimano don't support BB30?
  • WilsonHW
    WilsonHW Posts: 32
    Thanks, I suppose it is fairly racy.

I removed all the spacers on my old Focus and I didn't have any back pain so I've just gone with it and its fine. I like to ride in a similar position to Cancellara below, I prefer it to riding in the drops when going for it.

5046740563_f82bd31bfe.jpg

I did order a SLAM THAT STEM headset cover but unfortunately the previous owner of the frame replaced the stock headset with a Cane Creek version and the new cover doesn't fit; still its low enough and the colour coding is a nice touch.

I went with the SRAM chainset as I needed BB30 and was planning to put it on my Focus but it lay unused until I had a change of plan and bought the CAAD10.

I'm not a fan of FSA chainsets (just aesthetically) and mixing SRAM and Shimano doesn't feel like such a sin as matching Campy with either SRAM or Shimano, not sure why! Anyway, it seemed the best BB30 option and there are plenty on eBay.

Spec wise:

CAAD10 size 56
    Ultegra 6700 for shifters, brakes, derailleurs.
    KCNC ceramic jockey wheels
    Chainset is SRAM Force 50-34
    Cassette is 11-25. My winter ride (CAAD7) is 39-27 so I've gone with a compromise; I avoid using the 25, pretending the 23 is my easiest cog unless I've bonked on the last hill home, then the 25 might be used. I should have gone with a standard double.)
    Bars: Zipp Service Course SL traditional bend
    Stem: Zipp Service Course SL 100mm
    Bar tape: Fizik Microtex
    Seatpost: Thomson Elite
    Saddle: Selle Italia SLR 135g. A battered eBay bargain, I'll not buy a saddle brand new ever I don' think.
    Wheels: Shimano RS80
  • I picked up a Fizik Aliante carbon railed saddle from eBay. Its very firm but after a few rides its now comfortable.

I'll be on the look out for Thomson Masterpiece seatpost at some point and the steerer needs cutting too.

7977066963_5738017d00_z.jpg