Comments

• fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    TAKE THAT FRITZ!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Drat.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I bet 'Arry's well pissed off!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Ben6899 wrote:

I'm sure some posters will see it differently, but from were I'm sitting Harry only has himself to blame.

Less time dicking round about the England job and they would have finished third (or better)
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • fast as fupp
    edited May 2012
    Drat.

surely all the koppos must be made up for nando-lar and merreilles-lid?
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    So Chelsea repeat the Greek feat of boring the opposition to death to win football matches. :(
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Terry gets a medal for previous participation???????

They've got one for Villas-Boas as well then?

Anyway Tottenham, hahahaha, unluckyyyyyyyyyyyyy (irrational hatred of Spurs)
  • fast as fupp
    harry's face will have gone into meltdown!
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    champagne.gif
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Torres was bricking it at the end, hoping he wouldn't have to take a penalty!
  • onehipwonder
    onehipwonder Posts: 129
    nathancom wrote:
    So Chelsea repeat the Greek feat of boring the opposition to death to win football matches. :(

You are either: a) An Arsenal fan who goes on about how pretty their football is and then win fuck all, b) A deluded QPR fan, who has invented a rivalry, or c) just a bitter prick.

I couldn't give a fuck how it was won, that trophy will always have Chelsea engraved on it. So fuck off.
  • cornerblock
    Rigga wrote:
    Torres was bricking it at the end, hoping he wouldn't have to take a penalty!

Guess what? He didn't need to. Looks like a steal at £50 million if you ask me! More champagne please.
  • cornerblock
    nathancom wrote:

You are either: a) An Arsenal fan who goes on about how pretty their football is and then win fark all, b) A deluded QPR fan, who has invented a rivalry, or c) just a bitter prick.

I couldn't give a fark how it was won, that trophy will always have Chelsea engraved on it. So fark off.

My money is on c.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Ben6899 wrote:

I'm sure some posters will see it differently, but from were I'm sitting Harry only has himself to blame.

Less time dicking round about the England job and they would have finished third (or better)

As a Spurs supporter it was obvious the effect 'Arry's distraction was having. Spurs should have finished third or better and once it became obvious we were going to settle for fourth Chelsea winning the Cl was bound to happen. We should've finished fifth and left the Europa league to Newcastle.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Not a Chelsea fan by any stretch, but, despite all the money, they have won that trophy the hard way, and for that, they have to be applauded. Well done to them.

Did anyone see on tv this morning the "still" from camp David with Cameron arms aloft with a downcast looking Andrea Merkel and inbetween Barrack Obama and I'm not really sure what he's thinking.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Well done Chelsea, from an equally happy Hammer.

Grit and resolve will always beat tippy tappy keep ball.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Smokin Joe wrote:

Maritnez and Wigan would dispute that.

I'm no real fan of Chelsea but some in the media suggest they stole it lastnight but I don't see it that way, Bayern were 1 up with probably 10mins left and couldn't see it out, they couldn't make a pen count in ET and couldn't win a shoot-out at their home ground in front of their own fans despite going first (always more pressure playing catch-up in a shoot out.) So fair play to Chelsea, they earnt it imo.
  • Frank the tank
    Smokin Joe wrote:

Maritnez and Wigan would dispute that.

I'm no real fan of Chelsea but some in the media suggest they stole it lastnight but I don't see it that way, Bayern were 1 up with probably 10mins left and couldn't see it out, they couldn't make a pen count in ET and couldn't win a shoot-out at their home ground in front of their own fans despite going first (always more pressure playing catch-up in a shoot out.) So fair play to Chelsea, they earnt it imo.

1991 final Red star Belgrade beat Marseille on penalties. Marseille were by far a more skillfull talented side and if Red star had tried to play them at football they'd have lost. Their game plan was to defend for 120mins and take them to penalties, where they converted more to win.

If you're prepared to let a better side "kick in" at you for two hours and they can't score, I'd argue you deserve to win, even if it's not pretty.
    Tail end Charlie

• nathancom
    nathancom wrote:

You are either: a) An Arsenal fan who goes on about how pretty their football is and then win fark all, b) A deluded QPR fan, who has invented a rivalry, or c) just a bitter prick.

I couldn't give a fark how it was won, that trophy will always have Chelsea engraved on it. So fark off.

My money is on c.
    What's the collective noun for arseh*les? The Chelsea dressing room.

I really can't think of a less deserving team to win the Champions League and a team that has had to rely on luck to get over the line. Thankfully the team is only going downhill from here and hopefully Abramovich will sell up now he has won the cup. At least your captain is looking like being out of the game for a stretch come his court case ;) He really epitomises that team as does your russian gangster murderer owner.

Such a shame Bayern bottled it.
  • cornerblock
    nathancom wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

My money is on c.
    What's the collective noun for arseh*les? The Chelsea dressing room.

I really can't think of a less deserving team to win the Champions League and a team that has had to rely on luck to get over the line. Thankfully the team is only going downhill from here and hopefully Abramovich will sell up now he has won the cup. At least your captain is looking like being out of the game for a stretch come his court case ;) He really epitomises that team as does your russian gangster murderer owner.

Such a shame Bayern bottled it.

I was right, it is c). You mind that bitterness, it'll eat you up.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    I don't mind Abramovic being a murdering basket, but what really p1sses me off is that he probably does not pay enough taxes in the UK. We are a tax haven for Oligarchs.

I will take nothing away from the dogged spirit of the players.
    The Bulldog spirit of a team made up of many foreigners (ironically) beat the organised teutonic Germans.
    Bayern were under enormous internal pressure from players of old, expectant fans and they seemed to carry that on the pitch so I feel for them at the same time.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    nathancom wrote:

My money is on c.
    Nah.
    As a complete neutral, he is right.
    The Chelsea fans have a perfect right to celebrate a win but that final and the Greeks win just goes to prove that the best team doesn't always win.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Smokin Joe
    The best Team does always win. The best collection of talented individuals doesn't.

Remember you only get points for goals, 56 consequtive passes and hitting the woodwork are worth f*ck all.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    daviesee wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

My money is on c.
    Nah.
    The Chelsea fans have a perfect right to celebrate a win but that final and the Greeks win just goes to prove that the best team doesn't always win.

I have to agree. It's wholly unfair to write off his opinion as bitterness.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Frank the tank
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    The best Team does always win. The best collection of talented individuals doesn't.

Remember you only get points for goals, 56 consequtive passes and hitting the woodwork are worth f*ck all.

With all due respect Joe, the team that scores the most GOALS always win.

Hence "giant killings" in knock-out cups. No way were Hereford a better team than Newcastle for example.
    Tail end Charlie

• nathancom
    Ben6899 wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

My money is on c.
    Nah.

I have to agree. It's wholly unfair to write off his opinion as bitterness.
    I was surprised how quickly that card was pulled to be honest. They clearly played anti-football for most of the tournament. But then it doesn't surprise me from Chelsea supporters most of who have only followed the team since 2003/4.

That strategy can work with a big chunk of luck in a cup competitions but will always be found out in a league and Chelsea have been found out this year. Despite that, its hard not to be impressed by a player like Drogba but it looks like he is off now.

I support Liverpool, so not exactly in a good state either.
  • Smokin Joe

With all due respect Joe, the team that scores the most GOALS always win.

Hence "giant killings" in knock-out cups. No way were Hereford a better team than Newcastle for example.
    They were on the day they beat them.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Congratulations to Chelsea, great result, not necessary a great performance but its the result that counts and to pull it off against both Barca and Bayern then they deserve the plaudits.

I am (A) an Arsenal fan, not bitter at all, and really glad that the bonus side to this is no champions league for Spurs.

However I did find it a guiling that Terry came onto the pitch at the end in his strip, What an Arse looked desperate to say Look! Look! me too I m part of this as well , yes me John Terry, What a prick wouldnt have been so desperate if he'd have just put his penalty away in Moscow against Utd. The man has zero humility.

Will be interesting to see now if Abrahamovic looses interest ,especially after Matteo (What a legend by the way) little dig at him.