Ribble Sportive Racing (Not Standard Spec)

Coach H
Coach H Posts: 1,092
edited May 2012 in Your road bikes
P1230895.jpg
P1230901.jpg
P1230907.jpg

Last posted my best bike in late 2009 in the original thread. The only things left from then are the frame, drive side chainset (don't ask, surfice to say I had a maintenence face plant moment), seat post (not original spec) and brake calipers.

Since then I've got a bit carried away with the colour co-ordination but I think it still works. I know that Black/Red/White is hated by the style critics now but back in '09 it was the big thing. To be fair my choice was originally driven more by the best Campag offering available on bike-to-work and its never been my favorite look, but sometimes you have to make the best of what you have got (that's what I tell the wife anyway!).

Seat looks low and bars look high due to my short legs, long body, short arms physique that ruins the look of the bike but is required for good bike fit (Thanks to Adrian Timmis at Cadence Sport)

Frame: Ribble Sportive Racing (2009)
Forks: Ribble Sportive Racing
Bars: FSA Wing Pro Compact
Stem: FSA OS-99 CSI
Headset: FSA Orbit CE
Bar Tape: Cinelli Cork Gel

Brake Calipers: Campagnolo Veloce Skeleton
Shifters: Campagnolo Centaur Carbon (Red/Black)
Cables: Campagnolo
Front Mech: Campagnolo Centaur (Red/Black)
Rear Mech: Campagnolo Centaur (Red/Black)

Seat: Specialized Romin Expert
Seat Post: FSA K-Force Light 25mm SB
Seat Post Clamp: Miche Carbon X

Cranks: Campagnolo Veloce U/T
Chainring(s): 50/34
Chain: KMC X10
Cassette: Campagnolo Veloce 12-25
Pedals: Look Keo Max 2

Wheels : Mavic Ksyrium Elite 2012
Tube: Vittoria
Tire: Michelin Pro Race 3

Accessories: K-Edge Chain Catcher, Cateye Strada Computer, Planet X ultralight Ti Stick quick release levers
Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')

Comments

• Nice looking bike, my only comment why not remove the dust caps from the tubes?
    Dust caps on a winter bike yes, but not on the summber bike.

Cheers,
    Mark
  • Barry Nice
    Barry Nice Posts: 50
    Nice. Not many Sportives on here any more, all the Ribble's seem to be Gran Fondo's. For what its worth I think these look better than the newer white paint scheme.

If you are going to do the Campag Centaur Red/Black thing you really should get the chainset as well, or at least get some red bolts.

Tyres not perfectly centred on valve, Nap D will be along to tell you off :lol:

There are plenty of more expensive bikes than this on here that probably don't ride as well.
    Cobbles are all very well but I'd rather be riding towards the South of France