Giant selling out of bikes

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited May 2012 in MTB general
Why do Giant sell out of all their more popular bikes in the uk by May every year? In 2010 I struggled to find a Trance X3 because Giant had sold all their UK stock, last year they had sold out of Reign X's & I had to wait a few months for a end of year bike from Holland. This year I can't get a Glory. Surely now is peak selling time but Giant have no bikes left. In another couple months there will be a load of 2012 Giant's available at huge discounts. Why do they do this?
Norco will be getting my cash this year instead of Giant, I'm not going to wait until the Autumn to buy a Glory.

Comments

• Bishbosh10
    Bishbosh10 Posts: 268
    ~Have you tried Pedalon? When I bought my Trance LTD last year (July) Giant couldn't get one, Pedalon had at least 1/2 a dozen!
    2011 Giant Trance Ltd, 2016 Revs, XT bits etc.
  • rockmonkeysc
    I was only considering the Glory because I get 15% discount at my local shop which on a £3500 bike is a HUGE saving. I think I'm going to buy a Norco Aurum instead, better components & great frame with FSR suspension for less cash.
  • mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    End of may is late in the season.... Most racers will buy in September when are launched. Usually the weather is better earlier on in the year so people buy in march or April. Also, companies are not wanting to import too many bikes in this economy to only have to sell them off cheap at the end of the year! Saying that though, they have got it slightly wrong this year!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,652
    Seems like a habit for Giant - ordered my Anthem in March (2009) and it was one of the last one of that model around - actually it was a Euro spec version as the brakes were the 'wrong way round'.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • paulyh101
    paulyh101 Posts: 78
    Good luck with the Norco my order is now confirmed but no sign of any bikes last thing i want is for my bike to tip up then find the 2013 is on its way 6 weeks later with much better spec for the same money
  • rockmonkeysc
    Prices will go up for 2013 or spec will go down. I haven't ordered mine yet, have to sell my Reign X first.