Dieting and Cycling

AllezGaz
AllezGaz Posts: 93
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
Dont mix :x

Riding every other day and dieting for the last couple of weeks.....34 miles this morning with a friend who is new to cycling and I absolutley struggled my nutz off :lol: He thought is was great mind :)

12st 4ib....1600 cals a day, take into account the cycling and im on a defecit of 7074 Cals this week :roll:

Been alright really until today......reckon its time to ditch the salad :wink:

Comments

• t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    They do when you eat enough to sustain both,@ 1600 a day you are not.

I'd estimate without knowing your height, 2600 a day would be closer before you take out deficit.
  • sancho1983
    sancho1983 Posts: 76
    They do when you eat enough to sustain both,@ 1600 a day you are not.

I'd estimate without knowing your height, 2600 a day would be closer before you take out deficit.

I've not actively been on a diet, just cutting rubbish out, and have lost 1lb per week for 3 weeks

It's not good for you to reduce it that much and do lots of exercise, there could be an argument for you eating more (of the right stuff)
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    I am on a Doctor imposed diet where I have to keep a food diary too. I have been limited to 1600 calories a day however told that on exercise days I must replace the calories burnt. So on a 30 mile ride burning 1200 calories I should be aiming to eat 2500 to 2800 calories that day. I am sticking to this and have lost 14lb in the last 6 weeks and at no point have struggled due to fatigue on my cycle rides as i keep fuelled for the exercise. Trying to do a bit less food input than the exercise output to keep on the right side of my weight loss plan :D

It's all about input versus output with an eye on the food types to keep saturated fats low and carb and protein balanced.

That may help you achieve a weight loss but not causing you to run dry out on the bike or any other exercise.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4