New Octane One Void 3.0 build. Tasty.

GrindheadGames
GrindheadGames Posts: 6
edited May 2012 in Your mountain bikes
When i was younger, i used to run a website called stoked2ride.com and it somehow became big enough to earn me a sponsorship ( it wasnt down to my riding abilities although i did mange a few backflips ) and also quite a few free parts. The resulted in a really sweet bike, that I had a lot of great memories on. It was recently stolen, and after completing a large project i thought I would do my best to replace it. While it will never be as good as my old faithful, here is the spec so far:

1 Octane One Warp 1 Sealed Headset 2012 - 1.1/8" Black
1 NS Bikes Quark Small Stem 2012 - Black
1 Octane One 3-PCS Pro Crankset 2012 - 170mm Black
1 Stolen Class Ring BMX Sprocket - 25t Black
1 Spank Bitch Stick Bars 2012 - Black 30mm Rise 31.8mm
1 Octane One Pivotal Seatpost 2012 - 27.2 Black 150mm
1 Clarks Half Link Chain - Black - 1/2" x 1/8" x 102 Links
2 Hope M4/E4/DH4 Disc Brake - 5-Bolt - 185mm
1 Maxxis Holy Roller Tyre - 24 x 2.4 - 60a - Wire
1 Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 2 Forks - 20mm 2012 - 100mm - White
2 NS Bikes Trailmaster Rim 24" 2012 - 32h Black
1 Hope Tech M4 Evo Rear Brake - Special Edition - Post Mount Caliper - Braided Hose
1 Hope Tech M4 Evo Front Brake -Special Edition - Post Mount Caliper - Braided Hose
1 Octane One Void 3.0 Frame 2012 - Black
1 Shadow Conspiracy Lahsaan Kobza Mid Pivotal BMX Seat - Grey
1 Maxxis Hookworm Tyre - 24 x 2.5 - MaxxPro 60a - Dual Ply
1 Deity Components Lean Flanged Lock On Grips 2012 - Green Clamp
1 x - NS Bikes Rotary Front 20mm Hub 2012 - NS Rotary 20mm front 2012 (Lemon & Lime)
1 x - NS Rotary SS 2012 - NS Rotary singlespeed rear 2012 (Lemon & Lime)

Im still waiting for all the parts to arrive, but im super exited and I will post a few pictures as she comes together. Most of these parts were ordered from chain reaction apart from the hubs as they didnt have any of the lime green ones in stock. What do you think of my choices?

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Sounds sweet, looking forward to seeing some pics!
    Got any photos of the old bike?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • I dont have any good pictures of it unfortunatly, I seem to have lost all my media from that time apart from a video on my facebook page that I still have.

Here is a screenshot from the video:

backflip.jpg

Update on the build:

My hubs have arrived! Really pleased with them, they look very bright! The rest of the bike is mostly black so they should look really good when its done.

hubs.JPG

However I have realised that the Octane One Void 3.0 frame is made for 26" wheels and I want 24," so I have decided to cancel the frame and get something else. Im looking at the Curtis SX24, is it worth getting the handmade version ?

It is a lot more expensive !
  • ilovedirt
    I've not a clue about the curtis, but I'm pretty sure octane one make another frame that's pretty much identical but tweaked for 24" wheels. If not, the new Dartmoor stuff looks nice, and NS stuff is always top quality as well.

What actually was your old bike?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Yeah i saw that, im not 100% keen on the design of either though. The NSBikes frame is slightly nicer in my opinion. The old frame was a Dr Jekyll with my name on sent my Ison Distribution :(
  • ilovedirt
    Like I say, you can't really go wrong with an NS. They're pretty much responsible for the design of most current steel DJ/street/park frames.

Sounds nice, gutted it got nicked mate. Hope it turns up!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Well in the end I went for

1 Octane One Spark Frame 2012 - Green

but then i realised i also needed some new pedals, so I went for these:

1 Deity Components Decoy 2.5 Pedals 2012 - Ano Green

Should look awesome when its done, black and bright green :D
  • Ok so chain reaction are going to either love me or hate me....i have spent a LOT of money in the past few days, but also sent them 2 emails cancelling two frames. I hope they dont arrive!

I have decided in the end to go for a NS Bikes frame. I really like the NS Capital 24 because 1 its 24" and two i can get it in lemon and lime like my hubs. Badass. I dont think im going to change my mind any more!

Here is a picture of the frame:

69782-2.jpg

Here are the forks:

70314.jpg

Im expecting quite a few parts to arrive tomorrow so I will post up some pictures when they arrive. Im worried now that my cranks and bottom bracket wont fit as they are euro not spanish in size...can anyone recommend an alternative?
  • ilovedirt
    Haha awesome, I approve!
    Can't really help with the BB though I'm afraid.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5