I'd Rather Have A Bowl Of Co-Co Pops

Soni
Soni Posts: 1,217
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
Who's noticed that Co-Co Pops have changed recently?

I loved these as a kid, but over the years they went all hard, nearly breaking your teeth on them, without any chocolately taste like they used to have - they literally years ago were just like chocolate flavoured rice crispies....but over the years went hard, shell like, and really crunchy with very little taste.

However, a few months ago i had some for the first time in ages, and they were just like i remembered them again :D

I am going to write off to Kellogs and thank them, as they have made me a very happy man again :D

Comments

• SickAsAParrot
    SickAsAParrot Posts: 212
    She's an Ostrich, Rosannas her name
    hide and seek is her favourite game
    'I eat plants when they're not in pots
    but i'd rather have a bowl of Coco Pops'

F**king genius
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,943
    Never eaten them, I don't think I ever will.

I have a deal with my dentist; I eat porridge for breakfast, he doesn't give me as many fillings. So far, it's working.

The older I get, the better I was.

• DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Capt Slog wrote:

I have a deal with my dentist; I eat porridge for breakfast, he doesn't give me as many fillings. So far, it's working.

One of my cousins used to put sugar on their morning bowl of Sugar Puffs. Didn't think that one through, did they? :roll:

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,943
    I put heaps of sugar on my porridge, it needs something to make it palatable. The problem isn't the sugars so much as the abrasive properties of cereals. According to my dentist (who is the best I've seen), cereals are too hard for the teeth, and especially muesli, even when it's been 'soaked'.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Soni
    Capt Slog wrote:

You don't know what your missing, Co-Co Pops are awesome, they even turn the milk brown!! :D
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Soni wrote:
    You don't know what your missing, Co-Co Pops are awesome, they even turn the milk brown!! :D

Brown? I thought it was chocolatey?
  • Soni
    Soni wrote:

Brown? I thought it was chocolatey?

Nah, u must be too young to remember the advert! :)
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Soni wrote:
    Nah, u must be too young to remember the advert! :)

Am I? OK, sounds good to me! :D
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    She's an Ostrich, Rosannas her name
    hide and seek is her favourite game
    'I eat plants when they're not in pots
    but i'd rather have a bowl of Coco Pops'

F**king genius

Pah! Um Bongo lyrics, now they're genius :D
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    jordan_217 wrote:
    Pah! Um Bongo lyrics, now they're genius :D

It's true. The Congo is full of Um Bongo litter. It's a shame that such a beautiful country has had to suffer at the hands of cynical British marketing.
  • Soni
    Heres the advert saying about the milk turning brown, you can't beat the old adverts can you! :)

One minute trying to find the right one!

Here it is!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YM9u1Z_Dm04