foam rollers

tubbs_214
tubbs_214 Posts: 185
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
hello ive been struggling with my it band for a while (started physio and getting a bike fit), well ive been using a foam roller for about 2 months now and my roller has gone soft in the middle and it no longer round, im not even that heavy well compared to what i used to be any way im 13 st 10 so am surprised its not stayed round for longer.

Is there any that people recommend

any help appreciated

Comments

• wishitwasallflat
    wishitwasallflat Posts: 2,927
    In just bought one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360391047476? ... 1497.l2649

to replace a roller that did what your did - only had it a few weeks but it seems really good and EVA should keep it's structure.
  • shockedsoshocked
    shockedsoshocked Posts: 4,021
    Foam rollers that are comprised of two separate parts (inner and outer tube type parts, can't explain very well) usually aren't very good and not recommended by any physios/SnC people I know. Get one made from one solid piece of foam if possible.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Not sure of the make of mine but it has held up well over the last 2 years. It has "fit 66" written on the side, I'll dig out some old emails to see if I can find out where I bought it from.

I would recommend seeing a physio (if you haven't already) if you are plagued by ITBS. Mine has flared up again (been off the bike for 3 weeks and it is driving my wife mad!!) but interestingly it has been diagnosed as an ITB/Quad issue (it is the bit between the ITB and the quad that is getting aggravated) so my stretches/massages are now specific to that area rather than just generic ITB work. The consultations I have had have checked out a lot of other areas for imbalances as it appears that ITBS can be caused by lots of different things so treating it is one thing, stopping it coming back could be another thing altogether.

EDIT: Here you go, looks a lot like this one...