• p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    topcattim wrote:
    p9uma wrote:
    Zoomer37 wrote:
    Check this pic out from the KIrkcaldy leg .. Poor lad

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12559612@N ... otostream/

Ouch, thats gotta hurt!

I think that the main problem for that rider is that he was clearly riding without a head.

That comment made me genuinely laugh out loud. Well, not loud so much, more of a giggle really, just enough to get a bit of spittle on my iPad.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Durham was good. Winner looked very strong indeed. Lots of crashes on a lethal course, but good viewing!
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    mroli wrote:
    Durham was good. Winner looked very strong indeed. Lots of crashes on a lethal course, but good viewing!

I agree, I was reminded in an earlier post that I have a disk recordery thing with free view on my telly, once I had worked out how to use it I recorded the Durham race. It looked great and there were lots of spills. The winner Kristian-someone-or-other won it by what looked like good margin, but then it appeared another team actually won, so I got a bit confused.com with it then.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    that corner in Durham is bad enough when it's dry, when it's wet it just becomes bonkers, might as well just make them race on ice. Ruins the circuit for me like
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    wiffachip wrote:
    that corner in Durham is bad enough when it's dry, when it's wet it just becomes bonkers, might as well just make them race on ice. Ruins the circuit for me like

I agree i am suprised none of the DS complained about the corner and then having to turn onto wet cobblestones...i reckon they are very lucky that nobody had any serious injuries....It wasted the race for me also and the organisation hadnt a clue who had been lapped etc etc....The Kirkcaldy circuit was not any better to many Shytey wee twists and turns....why dont they bring back the circuits that the Kellogs crits used in the 80's.
  • lyn1
    lyn1 Posts: 261
    p9uma wrote:
    mroli wrote:

I agree, I was reminded in an earlier post that I have a disk recordery thing with free view on my telly, once I had worked out how to use it I recorded the Durham race. It looked great and there were lots of spills. The winner Kristian-someone-or-other won it by what looked like good margin, but then it appeared another team actually won, so I got a bit confused.com with it then.

Its a team competition based on the combined score of the first three riders in a team to cross the line. Winning the race as an individual does not really matter, other than it scores 1 point rather than a higher score.
    This quote from the winning team explains the tactics.

Scott Thwaites: That was really tough. There were groups everywhere that kept coming back together so it was quite a difficult race to read and you always have to look out for your team mates so we did a fantastic job in the end. The course was very slippery so everyone was fighting for position and we did really well as a team with the boys fighting hard. It kept splitting but the boys always worked hard to get back up to the front group and all credit to Kristian (House). He rode well and got a good gap and kept plugging away and staying out there. I kept thinking I could jump across when the gap wasn’t so big, under 10 seconds, but Andy Tennant was also going well and I didn’t want to take him across.

I kept having a bit of a dig to see how people were and Mike Northey (Node4-Giordana Racing) was also going well so I didn’t want to commit too much and I know that Bibs (Ian Bibby) and Jonny (McEvoy) can sprint really well so our best shot was always to let Kristian have it and put three at the front in the sprint and that’s what we did.

We wanted to be at the front and the easiest way to do that is to set a good tempo. At the end, it was still a big group, probably the biggest group it’s ever been on this circuit and that was because of the team style of racing when you don’t want to go banging off and dragging two or three of another team with you. So you always have to look for your teammates and make sure they are alright and if they’re struggling a bit, you have to slow it down so you get three of you up there.
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    90 degree, off-camber turn into cobbles...and in the wet. A little bit brutal. Kristian House rode it superbly however.
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    What was the John Herity/Malcolm Elliot argument about? Node4 riders taking a lap out when not entitled?
  • lyn1
    lyn1 Posts: 261
    What was the John Herity/Malcolm Elliot argument about? Node4 riders taking a lap out when not entitled?

They all do that :wink: I think it was more about leaving while in the third group, then rejoining in the second one.
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    I was watching the Elite race at Kirkcaldy too. Atmosphere was decent and I enjoyed it, although I found the announcer/blaring music very irritating and was also left with the overwhelming impression that Kirkcaldy is a dump.

Kirkcaldy will give you that impression, and for good reason...
    Do I have N.E. Fife or Dundee down as my location?

Edit: Ah No, I've got the modified village name.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Anyone else notice Ian Wilkinson tweak Nat Crit Champ Graham Briggs's nipple in the opening lap of last night's Halfords race at Canary Wharf?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Anyone else notice Ian Wilkinson tweak Nat Crit Champ Graham Briggs's nipple in the opening lap of last night's Halfords race at Canary Wharf?

Yeah.

The director didn't seem like it much.