Frank Schleck...

LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
edited May 2012 in Pro race
...Having a moan, as usual http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/schleck-blames-rasmussen-for-lost-time-in-giro-ditalias-11th-stage

Its a shame both Schlecks stain their bike riding capabilities with such whiney attitudes.

Comments

• kim10
    kim10 Posts: 186
    I could not agree more. Why do the Schleck brothers always have to come out in the press and moan about other riders and blame everybody else when things goes wrong. On the live pictures on Euro Sport it looks very much like Alex Rasmussen, as he states himself, is slowly making his way to the finish of the stage and bang, Frank crashes into him.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Loads of @nyvelocity tweets about this at the moment :lol:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • LeicesterLad
    JonGinge wrote:
    Loads of @nyvelocity tweets about this at the moment :lol:

Just been reading these :lol:
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Twitter handbags at dawn :lol:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Alex Rasmussen ‏@AlexRazi
    F Schleck needs to learn about the laws of physics. If you choose to purposefully take out a rider, don't choose one twice your size. #snap
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    frank's tweeted that he broke his collarbone in the incident now. is there a video anywhere?
  • LeicesterLad
    Frank openly bitching all over twitter, this could get messy.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Somewhere in his underground lair, Johan Bruyneel has his head in his hands...
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    frank's tweeted that he broke his collarbone in the incident now. is there a video anywhere?
    No, he said he dislocated his shoulder yesterday:
    Sorry that Rasmusen had to wait for an other bike and couldnt win the stage,:)i dislocated my sholder yesterday,i ll take it day by day
    https://twitter.com/#!/schleckfrank/sta ... 3174400000

Best reply goes to this guy:
    @schleckfrank If you put as much effort on regaining time as you are doing reliving yesterday you'd be in the pink jersey!!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DanKalbacher/sta ... 4798760960
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    So it is one mans word against another. And seems you are all taking Ras'.

Why would Frank make a comment about Alex launching his teammate? It seems an odd thing to make up and not something you can confuse.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LeicesterLad
    Why was Frank so far back in the first place, oh yeah...tactical ineptitude.

Rasmussen could well have been giving another rider a push, but then nobody else crashed and it was a weird position to be in as a race favourite...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    One thing guaranteed about a rider moaning is that people on the internet will moan about the moaning more than the rider originally moaned.

Everyone complains from time to time. Big deal.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    afx237vi wrote:
    Somewhere in his underground lair, Johan Bruyneel has his head in his hands...

:lol:
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Do you think they may be on their way at the end of the season if he has his way?
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • LeicesterLad
    Ms Tree wrote:
    Do you think they may be on their way at the end of the season if he has his way?

Bruyneel will be in prison by then. :lol:
  • LeicesterLad
    RichN95 wrote:

Yeah true, some more than others though...
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    RichN95 wrote:
    One thing guaranteed about a rider moaning is that people on the internet will moan about the moaning more than the rider originally moaned.

One thing guaranteed about a rider moaning is that people on the internet will moan about other people on the internet moaning about the rider moaning more than the rider originally moaned.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    I dislike the shlecks, cycling seems to be a major irritation for them, almost like they'd rather be doing something completely different but this job happens to pay well.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    B3rnieMac wrote:
    I dislike the shlecks, cycling seems to be a major irritation for them, almost like they'd rather be doing something completely different but this job happens to pay well.

So just like almost every other employed adult in the World then? ;)
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    Well yeah, but they're hardly sitting in a beige office crunching numbers. You know people like Gilbert and contador live and breathe cycling. The shlecks look like they're doing it to pay the bills at times.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    I agree with a few folk on here that anytime you hear from the schlecks is when they are moaning about other people's tactics,bike handling,the weather, and the "Classic" from last years TDF that when they lost time on that wet descent it was a "Stupid Course" from the organisers. Just get on with it and ride your F***ing bike.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    No, leave them to it. The guys like Evans,Contador etc prob. like having them there as cannon fodder or using them to shake things up a bit. AS came 2nd in the Giro so he can't be rubbish it's just that they don't seem to want to win? Their TTing is acknowledged as their weak spot yet they ride with Cancellara who is one of the best. Surely they've sat down with him and asked him to coach them. Or perhaps they are happy as they are. Andreas Kloden in the new PC said at T-Mobile there was a roster of superb riders who bitched about everything. Kit,hotels etc. Yet they got free Audis, phones and good money so they didn't really need to bust their hump to have a good life. Boonen lost the plot didn't he (but he had won a fair few races) but now he's hungry again so maybe the Schleks just get by and are happy.
    M.Rushton
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    mrushton wrote:
    AS came 2nd in the Giro so he can't be rubbish...

Don't you mean Andy Schleck won the Tour, so he can't be rubbish?
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Only caught the last 15kms of yesterday's stage - Harmon never said but am reading that this "woos" has now retired from the giro and bruyneel is questioning it....As someone already said why dont they take up another sport maybe something like "Moaning"....It's ALWAYS somebody else's fault with those 2 eh :x
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Some people on here write as if riding a bike is not seriously hard work. Yeah, we would love to do what they are doing, but its easy for us to say that, sat in our beige offices on our padded chairs. These guys work fricking hard at doing what they do, suffering daily, pushing their bodies to the limit to make their money. Phinney (I think) tweeted that he had spent something like 40.5 hours in the saddle in a week - and very little of that is spent with his head in the air looking at the scenery.

Just doing it to pay bills? I think it is far easier to sit in an office than be a pro bike rider, potentially putting your life/health on the line everytime you ride. The Schlecks are well paid because Andy has won the TdF, won the white jersey at the TdF 3 years in a row and at the Giro too, won LBL, Frank has top 5'd at the TdF, won Criterium, Tour de Suisse and Amstel Gold. These are good, good riders (Andy "lost" (since been awarded) a Tour to Contador at the top of his form by 39 seconds remember and despite dropping 1min 32 on the TT) and you don't get to be good by not putting the work in.

As punters, we only see a microcosm of what the pros do - as someone posted, if I dislocated my shoulder, I wouldn't ride for a month. If it was sheeting it down with rain and freezing cold, I wouldn't go and climb a 18km col followed by a 26km col at my max, having been out and done the same the previous day with another 7 days to come. Are the Schlecks whingers? I don't know - there isn't a story in saying "F Schleck said he had a nice day on the bike today and thought everyone rode really well". He is a proven GT rider, who came into the Giro at short notice, didn't ride terribly by any means and appears to be having problems with his manager.

They are not my favourite riders, but to call them "wusses", "moaners", "cannon fodder", "tactically inept", is in my imho :lol: wide of the mark.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    mroli wrote:
    Some people on here write as if riding a bike is not seriously hard work. Yeah, we would love to do what they are doing, but its easy for us to say that, sat in our beige offices on our padded chairs. These guys work fricking hard at doing what they do, suffering daily, pushing their bodies to the limit to make their money. Phinney (I think) tweeted that he had spent something like 40.5 hours in the saddle in a week - and very little of that is spent with his head in the air looking at the scenery.

Just doing it to pay bills? I think it is far easier to sit in an office than be a pro bike rider, potentially putting your life/health on the line everytime you ride. The Schlecks are well paid because Andy has won the TdF, won the white jersey at the TdF 3 years in a row and at the Giro too, won LBL, Frank has top 5'd at the TdF, won Criterium, Tour de Suisse and Amstel Gold. These are good, good riders (Andy "lost" (since been awarded) a Tour to Contador at the top of his form by 39 seconds remember and despite dropping 1min 32 on the TT) and you don't get to be good by not putting the work in.

As punters, we only see a microcosm of what the pros do - as someone posted, if I dislocated my shoulder, I wouldn't ride for a month. If it was sheeting it down with rain and freezing cold, I wouldn't go and climb a 18km col followed by a 26km col at my max, having been out and done the same the previous day with another 7 days to come. Are the Schlecks whingers? I don't know - there isn't a story in saying "F Schleck said he had a nice day on the bike today and thought everyone rode really well". He is a proven GT rider, who came into the Giro at short notice, didn't ride terribly by any means and appears to be having problems with his manager.

They are not my favourite riders, but to call them "wusses", "moaners", "cannon fodder", "tactically inept", is in my imho :lol: wide of the mark.

Quite.
    'kin hell - he dislocated his shoulder! Pretty sure none of us would have even cycled for the next month if that had happened to us.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    mroli wrote:

tumblr_lvg77lES8d1r0ojhto1_400.gif
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    mroli wrote:

Whislt this is all true, when I judge professional cyclists it is not using my crappy amateur cycling ability as a point of reference BUT using the performance, tactics etc of other professional cyclists as the reference.

So I would describe them as tactically naive and whinners compared to their peers. Obviously compared to most of us forumites they are like cycling gods to our mere mortal abilities
  • fredmac
    fredmac Posts: 83
    They are also a cut above most of the other riders in the peloton.
    How many riders, out of the 160 or so , who will start the tour this year have previously won it?
    Damn few.
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    Albeit with an apostrophe next to A Schlecks name....