Mail Order

jt1984
jt1984 Posts: 91
edited May 2012 in MTB general
I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with mail order! When it goes right, it's the best thing since sliced bread, when it goes wrong, I kick the cat, stomp my feet and yell! (for the RSPCA, I don't have a cat but you get the picture). Yesterday I received 2 new road tyres, before I even lifted them out of the box I saw the hole in the tyre. Only to have my judgement questioned by some goon when I rang the shop in question. Have e mailed these photos to them. They were slow to act on my order, slow to dispatch and even slower to act on my e mail with these photos. This is a UK chain, not something from abroad.

7214899146_916570631e.jpg
DSCF3065 by tedham2000, on Flickr
7214898880_d3c3c06200.jpg
DSCF3064 by tedham2000, on Flickr
7214898758_92416b0d41.jpg
DSCF3066 by tedham2000, on Flickr

Comments

• StorckSpeed
    StorckSpeed Posts: 291
    Is that not the Continental Wear Indicator ??? When the dot disappears you need to repalce the tyre.
    There's warp speed - then there's Storck Speed
  • jt1984
    Really? I've had these before with nothing like that, and the other one I ordered doesn't. It's most of the way through the tyre in the middle of the tread.
  • StorckSpeed
    I might be wrong. We were discussing this before starting a club run some months ago. About 4 or 5 guys had Conti's on their bikes and every tyre had the dot.
  • jt1984
    Is it a new thing because it's not on my old one's that are a few years old.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I would say the biggest problem is all the knobs have fallen off - bet they're rubbish in mud.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • StorckSpeed
    We discussed that too. No-one could quite remember when they first noticed but the concensus was towards the end of last year. So fairly new - yes.
    Mixed response about whether it was a good idea and also about whether it would affect the wear of the tyre in anyway but everyone is still using the tyres without any issues so far.

Cooldad - I had a hell of a job fitting them on my 26" wheels and yes they're crap in the mud. :D
  • jt1984
    Pants, I'm in the wrong section. Anyway, seems I'm in the wrong if it's a new thing for the tyre so will have to apologise to said bike shop. Consider Humble pie, eaten.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Lol. Theyve had those for bout a year now. I am surprised the shop didnt tell you that!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.