Thursday Morning Thread. So close...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited May 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning gheys and gheyettes!

Knackered this morning. Don't know why, didn't really do anything yesterday.

Hoping today is another quiet day. I should probably plan on doing something else at work, rather than just seeing if anything comes my way. We shall see.

As you were!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

I'm also fairly knackered. I was planning on gettin to the gym before uni but doesn't look like that'll be happening now, better make sure I get down there tonight after a day of revisioning.

Laters
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Morning crud munchers.
    Off to get my water bottle back today, I left it at a site a couple of weeks ago. Might fix the server while I'm there.
    On another note my farts are proper rotten this morning which brings me nicely to the question of why do farts smell worse in the shower?
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    oodboo wrote:
    Morning crud munchers.
    Off to get my water bottle back today,

Cack

This has reminded me that I have got all my cycling gear to go home tonight & no water bottles.

Today is meetings, legal people and now going to the shops to get a new water bottle
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' droolers

Training course for the next two days. Should be interesting and gets me away from real work for a while. I will then have to apply training, so it would seem that every silver lining does indeed have a cloud.

Definately wasn't feeling the love on the ride in - proper farked. Probably my bad for over-eating last night. But it was pizza and it seemed rude to be leaving slices. <burp>

Owards! To coffee! And life-cycle analysis toolkits! Wheeeeeeeeee!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • oodboo
    matthew h wrote:
    and now going to the shops to get a new water bottle
    I'm hoping mine isn't so grotty that I need to do the same.

Strava
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning cockjanglers.
    Just dropped the car off for service and MOT, this anoys me as
    1) i can do the job myself
    2) i'll be charged a load of money for something that would cost me pitance
    3) looks like my MOT ran out in Febuary and i only bought the car in June! Grrrrr

Today will be sat on the computer getting all the little bits and peices done that have accrued over the last few days.

Coffees and bacons have already been consumed, so onwards to MEH
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    bad dream -> tired and grumpy.
    Onwards to porridge and invoicing. What fun.
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Morning,

Had a coughing fit last night, probably related to the lergy that still seems to be in my body, and pulled all the muscles in my back, which in turn has lead to a sleepless and un-comfartable night. Needless to say not in the best frame of mind to be in work today, have a feeling some of the imbecile's I work with are going to cop a right mouthful at some point!

Onwards, very slowly, to the medicine cabinet, where I intend popping as many pain killers as I dare.

TTFN
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Bawnjourno.

Pick up the keys to my new house at lunchtime today.. excited isn't the word! Move tomorrow, so an early start! M520's turned up a minute ago too, so a quick fettle to put them on today - cue lots of stacking it for a few weeks while I try my hand at clipping/unclipping.

Work today is full of meh.. just making sure everything is up to date before my weekend beginning tomorrow.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Morning Gits,

Am up in London seeing recruitment sharks so was up far too early and felt really odd putting a suit & tie on. Now in between meetings so getting coffee and bacon down me. At least there seem to be some jobs out there in my wierd n wonderful line of work but it's going to take a while I reckon. Beer + pub grub later with mates so not a bad day ahead :-)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Morning cockjanglers.
    Just dropped the car off for service and MOT, this anoys me as
    1) i can do the job myself
    2) i'll be charged a load of money for something that would cost me pitance
    3) looks like my MOT ran out in Febuary and i only bought the car in June! Grrrrr
    I know how you feel! You'd think that the person selling a car (when it's a car dealer!) could redo the MOT when you buy it. I found this when I bought my Punto one July. The MOT expired in September and I discovered in June after being followed home by the Police (luckily they didn't check my MOT!)
    Mine's due in the next month I think. Not looking forward to it, and may have to rethink transport if it costs me an arm and a leg :?
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Belated bojour from the land of the frog Maggots.

Woke up at 10AM local time, or 9AM Blighty Standard Time, feel lazy, it's a bank holiday here today so Meh..

Had a late night last night and due to this, ended up helping a young French damsel in distress
    A French lassie had an issue with her "Velo" as it had slipped into granny gear and she couldn't figure out how to rectify the matter. She was pedalling like the clappers and going nowhere... quite comical..
    I moved the dérailleur back to the outer chainring via the Shimano twist grip and she said "oh, I don't do not know how to use ze gears" as translated by my other half.
    All ze gears, no idea.. and she was fit as f*** too..
    Anyway as her English was so poor I quipped that she shouldn't be allowed to clean a bike, never mind owning one

Let me laze for another hour before perhaps doing something constructive today...
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Had a late night last night, slipped one into a French lassie

FTFY.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

Good blast round Cwm last night (cheers@thewaylander) and a nice lie in this morning, redoubled my efforts to sell my bike and/or bits of it so have a look in the classifieds for some bargains and haggles, need to clear it (or at least some of the ht)before the new build arrives some time next week hopefully.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    afternoon all,

i've just got into work after a trip to the hospital to check out my injuries. good news is that they don't think that i've fecked my rotator cuff now, just very badly bruised my shoulder - result!

on the down side it looks like i have fractured the scaphoid (sp?) bone in my thumb/wrist and have to have a scan next week to say yay or nay :(

ah well, a short afternoon is on the cards as i said i'd work late to make up the morning off but everyone buggers off at 4.30 so no-one will know what time i go :lol:
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon wangers

Woke up 3am this morning with our standby phone going off. Answered and get some mong going 'hello boss you'be got my phone' told him no its a fire and rescue standby please go away, put phone down. Ignore the 100+ missed calls and then answer again, mong won't listen, won't tell me what number he's trying to call and just gets agressive asking for his phone back. Wife then answers and gets more abuse. Phone's now got a different sim in it and I've spent most of the day making sure everybody knows the new number. Old number diverted to our office voicemail so we'll see if he finally gets the message. If he doesn't and still wants to 'meet' to pick his phone up I will, but at an RAF base.

Anyway off to an interview for another job!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    hello weird uns!

another early start, got stopped by plod just before 5 for going through a red light, fair cop, he explained the error of my ways, i agreed, he let me off, win!

Jet put up a bit of a fight but got that launched on time, minced around a bit and am now home to loaf about a bit! Tho i should finish clearing the shed/garage of all the tat that was too important to throw away ages ago!

Had a good lap of the pines last night and got offered a nice deal on a carbon, 29" flavour cube hardtail! Should i?

Hope all are feeling fittish, healthierish and ready to get the weekend smashed into oblivion!

X
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • oodboo
    Got my water bottle back and as for the server, well one quick phone call and it became SEP.

Strava
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Picked up the car, only had to get one bulp swapped round as no beam pattern, so its game on for the project bike.

Off out for a ride tonight in that them hills :)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening all,

busy ass day today, good ride last ride Gaz mucho enjoyed. will have to do it again soon mate!
  • Gazlar
    We will do mate, really enjoyed it, who'd have thought out would be me that ended up sideways in a ditch though
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    oodboo wrote:
    Got my water bottle back .

I had to 'borrow' some from our marketing department
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Evening all, woke up next to a random girl this morning, had to do the old sneak out trick before she woke. Can't complain about this uni lark
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Gazlar wrote:
    We will do mate, really enjoyed it, who'd have thought out would be me that ended up sideways in a ditch though

You must feel used :P
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar wrote:

You must feel used :P

Just dirty, with grass stained elbows
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    compo wrote:
    had to do the old sneak out trick before she woke.
    Bit of an arm biter job by the sound of it. What's the saying - 'I've never been to bed with an ugly woman but I've woken up with one or two' :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]