pad in the right place??

foo-fighter
foo-fighter Posts: 113
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
Hi all,
Just after a bit of dvice on padding in shorts. Where should the padding be positioned when you are not on the bike? i know its a strange question but i am really strugling to find a comfy pair of shorts. Would i be right in thinking that when looking from behind the pad should be visable and ride up your behind a little ? the ones i am curently wearing seem to have the pad in the wrong place as when viewed from behind (my wife helped here) there is no pas showing at all and i also have a fair bit of the pad at the front of the crotch. Any help welcome as i dont want to get yet another pair of ill fitting shorts.
thanks
Si

Comments

• logitech208
    logitech208 Posts: 167
    Sounds like you are wearing your shorts back to front. :D
  • Muffintop
    Muffintop Posts: 296
    The wide bit goes at your bum (if that's not too simplistic an answer).

Mx
    FCN: Brompton: 12, Tourer: 7, Racer: 4

http://www.60milestonod.blogspot.com
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Go to a LBS or Evans and try a pair of bibshorts on. The bibs will pull the shorts in the right position for you to compare with normal shorts.
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Personally, I would say go ahead and invest in a pair of bib shorts, and not mess with the regular shorts anymore. I had a wonder of difference once I got bibs, as the pad also stayed in place while riding, rather than me having to pull the back up every few minutes. Well worth the investment I would say.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Mr Assos model should give you an idea of where the pad goes:

p139_T_FI13_S5_a_4.jpg

The pad should come up and underneath where your bum sticks out..

p235_T_FIUnoLogo_2_4.jpg
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Hi all,
    Just after a bit of dvice on padding in shorts. Where should the padding be positioned when you are not on the bike? i know its a strange question but i am really strugling to find a comfy pair of shorts. Would i be right in thinking that when looking from behind the pad should be visable and ride up your behind a little ? the ones i am curently wearing seem to have the pad in the wrong place as when viewed from behind (my wife helped here) there is no pas showing at all and i also have a fair bit of the pad at the front of the crotch. Any help welcome as i dont want to get yet another pair of ill fitting shorts.
    thanks
    Si
    Cycling shorts are generally designed to be worn whilst riding a bike, you're not supposed to just wear them day to day you know!
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    The pad placing looks wrong off the bike but it will be fine on it.
    Why would you use this check ? Sit on the bike. Is the pad between you and the saddle ? If so its I'm the right place.
    And you have gone commando ?
  • foo-fighter
    foo-fighter Posts: 113
    my shorts look nothing like the above picture, when im stood up, as in said picture there is no pad visable what so ever, meaning when i sit on the saddle there is bugger all padding under my sit bones.att least now i know what im looking for .
    thanks