Another Strava help question

t5nel
t5nel Posts: 365
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
Chaps,

Had a good run home on the commute tonight as I felt later than usual. Was annoyed that my garmin dropped satellite reception a couple of times but time/distance were all OK.

Got home and uploaded to Garmin Connect and Strava
---EDIT----
Rides now hidden...

Can provide links if anyone has any constructive suggestions.

Problem is that Strava incorrectly sees time without GPS signal as 'stopped' time. Garmin connect correctly realises that even though there was no GPS signal it can use Speed/Cadence data still.

Is there a setting in strava or some trick I can use so that it shows a more realistic moving time or do I need to raise this with strava?

Thanks
Tim
My bikes
MTB - 1997 Kona Kula
Hybrid - Kona Dew Deluxe
Road - 2011 Ribble Gran Fondo, Omega Matrix Ultegra

Comments

• Thick Tester
    Thick Tester Posts: 380
    I find a roll of insulation tape over any GPS type device usually does the trick and installing the geordie version of WINDAZ 2000 http://gallery.future-i.com/comedy/microsoft/pic:windaz2k/full-size usually does the trick.
    This really is a PICNIC issue, you need to embark upon a course of user correctional therapy and accept that in 10 years time you will berate all the time you have spent messing around uploading rides. There was a day when my generation would lust after 2 button Avocet computers and big oakley glasses - sadly the our rejection of these devices appears to have gone unnoticed and here we are..

So onto my commentary - I hope for your sake that you had a headwind on that downhill ride because as things stands i would buy second hand cranks from you. You dont need a device of any sort to tell you that you need to press on a bit.

For any further help send an SAE

Yours Trully - Pie and Ale Tester