Argh! My guilt-free Paypal account is almost empty!

jonny_trousers
jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
edited May 2012 in Commuting chat
Anyone else have one of these? An account where you never transfer what's in it after Ebay sales and that allows you to buy bike goodies guilt free? Having just bought a pair of Oakley Split Jackets off Ebay (bargain!) my Paypal account is almost empty. Time to raid my girlfriend's DVD collection. Sex and the City 2 anyone?

Comments

• the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Yup - I have exactly the same. Mine is also absolutely empty, so it's definitely time for an eBay blitz.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    And I thought I was the only one who did this! Come to my arms!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    SimonAH wrote:
    And I thought I was the only one who did this! Come to my arms!

how naive you are, its what everyone does surely?
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    I'm still 180 quid in credit - sold a bike box last week - but the desire to spend it is overpowering me! I must need a new set of knee warmers or something..........
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • And another one here. Mine's not quite empty, but it seems to be filling slower than it used to so I'm trying to stay away from using it.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Uh huh, I've done this too. I've also bought things using Paypal, which has taken money from my bank account, then returned them which has refunded to Paypal. That refunded money never sees my bank account, naturally.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    Uh huh, I've done this too. I've also bought things using Paypal, which has taken money from my bank account, then returned them which has refunded to Paypal. That refunded money never sees my bank account, naturally.

Well yes: when it's spent already, it's fine.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    dhope wrote:

Well yes: when it's spent already, it's fine.
    Me too. Mine is empty at the moment. I've just bought an old bike for the Mrs on Fleabay, I haven't even picked it up and she doesn't like it. Why didn't she look at the pictures and find fault when I showed it to her BEFORE I agreed to buy it.
    I'm still going to buy it, if she still doesn't like it after I've had a fiddle it'll be relisted and might top up my Paypal account.
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    Me too. But I've got mine linked to my credit card so the guilt-free funds just keep on coming...(I think.....)
  • OK, mines nearly empty again. :(