Reverb cable routing

bwstokie
bwstokie Posts: 115
edited May 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all

Just taken delivery of my new reverb seatpost with left hand remote for my Marin Wolf Ridge 2009 and was wondering how best to route the cable as I just can't make my mind up!

Cheers in advance

Lee

Comments

• mike23864
    mike23864 Posts: 54
    I've got the Attack Trail which is the same frame. I've tried it a number of ways including down through the linkage. The problem is ballooning of the cable which can catch on the back tyre. The best way I've found is to take it along the Left side of the top tube fastening it on with zip ties. Mines a right sided remote which I've put underneath on the left side as I frequently turn my bike upside down to take the the wheels off for transporting and I've snapped one remote already.
  • Gibbo GTI
    Gibbo GTI Posts: 98
    I don't have a Marin but I have recently fitted a Reverb to my GT. I used adhesive cable guides from http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19014 to hold the hose in place. As has been said above, make sure there is no contact with moving parts when its fully lowered.
    GT Force Carbon Expert
    Carrera Fury
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Got a jplin 4 on my wolf rige. Remote is on the left side of the bars, cable goes around the headtube, is zip-tied to the right side of the toptube, then curves up to get to the top of the post.
    It requires a little finesse to get it jut the right length, but it works fine.
    If you find there's slightly too much of a loop poking out, then pull some cable (hose, in your case I guess) along the top tube, leaving a slightly larger loop around the front of the bike.
    And vice versa.
    Once you've got it set, leave it alone.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Gibbo GTI wrote:
    I don't have a Marin but I have recently fitted a Reverb to my GT. I used adhesive cable guides from http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19014 to hold the hose in place. As has been said above, make sure there is no contact with moving parts when its fully lowered.

Depending on how hard you ride these will pop off, I had them on my reign and they just kept popping off with the pressure of the hose moving, tried glueing them, same problem, I have fitted fox hose guides and they work perfect.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • agg25
    agg25 Posts: 619
    Saw someone loop their cable around the seatpost once before heading under the top tube, they (he was some top rider) said it stopped the ballooning issue. I've done it on my new build as well but yet to test in action.
  • Gibbo GTI
    Gibbo GTI Posts: 98
    1mancity2 wrote:
    Gibbo GTI wrote:

Depending on how hard you ride these will pop off, I had them on my reign and they just kept popping off with the pressure of the hose moving, tried glueing them, same problem, I have fitted fox hose guides and they work perfect.

Not had any popping off and I do quite a few DH tracks. I made sure the frame was throroughly degreased before fitting them though and left a nice relaxed arc of hose so not to put excess pressure on them when dropping the seat. I also use them for the rear brake and rear derailuer with no probs.
    GT Force Carbon Expert
    Carrera Fury