carbon to aluminum

stronginthesun
stronginthesun Posts: 433
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
thinking of getting a canyon al 9.0 di2 . got good reviews and a good price with the euro struggling . will have to sell my trek 4.5 madone . would anyone go there ?

Comments

• ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Personal preference on the ride regarding frame material. I went from alu to carbon and never regretted it and wouldn't go back. Just upgraded my 2007 Madone 5.9 with Ultegra 6700 to a new Madone 5.9 with Di2. If its the electronic shifting that's enticing you then can only say that is a good move. Was very sceptical until I tried it. Really smooth and quick shifting and very happy with it. No mis shifts and no noise from front dérailleur because of the front mech not quite aligning on the shift as it self trims.

When switching I tried a number of different bikes but ended up with the new Madone as the ride just felt better. That coupled with Di2 made it an easy choice. Although you can't test ride a Canyon due to it being Internet sales maybe you should get a test ride on a high end Alu bike to see how you like the ride in comparison to your carbon Madone. Only you can decide what is right for you. If you can stretch to the new Madone 5.9 with Di2 then I can wholly recommend it and if you love the ride and feel of your current Madone 4 series then it is a natural upgrade.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • would love a 5.9 but its twice the price + of the canyon . im really swayed by the good reviews of the bike and the di2 in the press . may wait till discounts on the madones when new models come out ?