Mid week humpday

spongtastic
spongtastic Posts: 2,651
edited May 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning chumps

Halfway through the week and I haven't killed anybody yet, something must be wrong!

Onwards to tea, bacon and workmeh!
Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Fag Ends!

Dad came out of hospital yesterday, he's got a bad chest infection, which took the doctors a while to get under control. He's home though now, so he'll be a bit happier.
    Work is driving me insane at the moment, it always does this time of year. I had a good chat with my boss though, and my job may be changing slightly (but a lot) in the future, which means more monies (always good). We shall see.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    TKM that is good news.

Indeed it is humpday although my brain was telling me it was thursday all day yesterday :?
    Today i have an inbox full of stuff i'm not sure what to do with and no one to ask? Blaggers guide on its way!

Must resist ordering the new project bike until after i get my car serviced tomorrow, just incase like :roll:

anyway a very large mug of coffee from the sports direct mug and i'm good top go.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    edited May 2012
    Postive news, Mr Mule!

Mornin' doggers

I shan't let a slight near-death experience on the way in crimp my day, although the two up coming meetings may redress that! I do have to say though that it's a lovely morning out there - clear skis and everything!

The car is booked in for it's MOT so tonight will be spent underneath it, ensuring it's clean and that nothing moves where it shouldn't and what should move, does. Tried last night but everytime I got under the car in glorious sun shine, it then p****d down. Seriously, I had hail and all sorts of s**t getting thrown at me.

Still before then, the usual is calling unto me and I shall heed it's siren-song.

Ownards! To shipwreck myself on the shores of the coffee dispenser! Repeatedly!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Meh

VWsurfbum - I was a day behind you and positive that it was Wednesday
    TKM - Great news re: your dad & cash

Not much to add after a meh day at work yesterday & study at the night, today is looking the same.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Uni meh today. Also I'm sick of London.

That is all.

Oh and TKM that's 2 lots of great news.

Now that is definitely all.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Bye bye work meh, hello coed-y-brenin. I think it could be a good day
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,530
    Good news Kickingmule, ill parents are always a worry.

Morning Clingons,

Sun is shining today but the last day or so's pi$$ing rain has left the local trails in a right mess so I'm off out on the roadie down to a nice village with a Costa Coffee where I'll have a mahoosive dose of caffeine and hopefully something with bacon in it :) Later on its time to look at some iffy job specs before a meeting with a recruitment shark tomorrow.

Hopefully my latest batch of goodies from CRC will turn up some time today. Seems I'm starting to run out of bike stuff to buy though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

i just spent an hour going through my expenses reciepts - oh the joys :lol:

i didn't take any pain killers this morning as my shoulder felt ok last night, what a mistake to make! the ones from last night wore off about half an hour ago and it hurts like fook :shock:

ah well, i've managed to blag a morning of doing not much whilst making it look like i'm busy, result 8)

the cash point at work is broken, so no bacons this morning unless i can be arsed to drive to the garage down the road to get some cash :?

later bumders and bumettes
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Loads of work to do suddenly. Boo hiss. Lunch with The Smug Married I'm Secretly In Love With today. Funtimes.
    Decided to start swimming to try and strengthen my bollixed shoulder, so that's tonight sorted.
    Porridge has been consumed so I'd better get on with it.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Bonjour Maggots,

TKM, good news indeed, two thumbs up

Another day of laziness for me, although I may go and take a walk around the city later
    One thing for sure, French girls are eye candy of note.. oooh, yea...
    I do have a few chores to undertake around the house, there are two cats, therefore two litterboxes that need attention.. Meh!
    I cannot believe that I have over a month left here before heading to the dark continent in June. I love it here but man I am bored and French TV just does not compute. Sure they have all the regular U.S. made series, however they're mainly in French

Wishing you all a[n] [un]productive day
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Morning,

I've just been sent an email to say I've been at my job a year today. Woo. Off to buy cakes shortly.

mmmm, cake.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Afternoon all,

My front tooth is now all rpetty thanks to Mr Dentist, and my wallet slightly lighter.

For humpday i will humping my way round Cwm Carn this evening after work :P Gaz best watch out :p
  • Good afternoon Limestringers,

Had a crappy evening, first off I managed to snap and lose one of the bolts from my rear suspension (feck knows where it is now, searched up and down the trails with no luck). So I spent the rest of the night trying to find a replacement on Trek's website and then the rest of the internet, again with a distinct lack of luck on that front. I was somewhat miffed, not even a walk in anger could alleviate my mood. All this followed by a shit disturbed sleep where I woke up convinced that I'd been sacked from my job.

And now, I'm staring out of the window at work, hoping that the sun buggers off so I don't feel so bad about not being able to take the steed out for a ride until it's fixed.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    And now, I'm staring out of the window at work, hoping that the sun buggers off so I don't feel so bad about not being able to take the steed out for a ride until it's fixed.

I'm sat in the bottom of the lightwell at uni hoping that the cloud above us buggers off. Not least because I'm in shorts and flip flops and as such expect the weather to recognise this and be nice to me. Also if it rains I'll be massively pissed off.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Good day sheep worriers!

Was in early this morning and took on the mantle of supervisor/p1ss taker, did quite well at it! Now home, just had a toasted bagel, chillie flavoured cream cheese and smoked salmon..............lush!

TKM great news mate

Off to the pines in a bit to shred it up in the only way a middle aged, unfit, fat bloke in dodgy gear can! At least the bike will be awesome!

Late news coming in.........the bl00dy red arrows are back to annoy me........t0ssers!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Just came seriously close to calling somebody a useless motherf**ker. Yes it's the same Local Government Employee who can't use a ruler because it's not his job.

He's now expressing outrage and concern that HE did nothing and kept NO records prior to the rest of HIS department transferring to us in November. :evil:
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Working on less sleep than usual today so not thinking about work, instead I am pondering whether I should get a 29er and sell the Genesis or keep the Genesis. I done a bit work earlier so that'll do for the day. Looking forward to crashing on the sofa for a good 5 minutes when I get home.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Cheers everyone!
    Yeah, a little worrying when he goes in, but he goes in quite a bit these days. Since he became disabled with COPD, he's in about once a year. I'm kind of getting used to it not, but always glad to hear he's home.

Been a quiet day here today, which I'm quite thankful for. Not sure if I'll end up paying for it in the future, but right now I'm not bothered, I'm happy playing angry birds :D
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro