New Speed Camera Being Tested

laurentian
laurentian Posts: 2,505
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket

Comments

• Mr_Cellophane
    Mr_Cellophane Posts: 690
    I think this German speed hump is more effective.

Or even this genuine one
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    There are some you get in holland which are silky smooth - unless you go over 35kph, when they kick the arse of the car up like anything.

Most speedbumps abuse your car at whatever speed you go - it's just a question of how much damange.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    laurentian wrote:

I liked that! (apart from the dodgy soundtrack!)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    There are some you get in holland which are silky smooth - unless you go over 35kph, when they kick the ars* of the car up like anything.

Most speedbumps abuse your car at whatever speed you go - it's just a question of how much damange.

There was a system being trialled in the UK (can't remember where) that used some form of inflatable hump. If you hit it slowly enough it deflated but if not it stayed rigid. Looked an excellent system but must have been flawed (probably too easy to vandalise!) as I haven't heard any more about it.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Pross wrote:
    There are some you get in holland which are silky smooth - unless you go over 35kph, when they kick the ars* of the car up like anything.

There was a system being trialled in the UK (can't remember where) that used some form of inflatable hump. If you hit it slowly enough it deflated but if not it stayed rigid. Looked an excellent system but must have been flawed (probably too easy to vandalise!) as I haven't heard any more about it.

You could use bags of custard! Genius!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    prawny wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Would work for me - I'd stop completely and eat it!
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    prawny wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Yeh but if you hit it too fast it'd be like popping a HUGE zit :twisted:
  • xixang
    xixang Posts: 235

+1. I had to get a rear suspension spring replaced on my then 3yo car last summer - garage said they are seeing more and more damage like this from speed humps. They said even slow speeds eventually damage them