Traditional Newbie Hello!

nebraska30
nebraska30 Posts: 12
edited May 2012 in MTB beginners
Hi all, I'm new so thought I'd say hi. I'm Mike , 30 years old from Northants, I've only just really gotten into the mtb scene, and after googling local trails and places to go, I stumbled across the forum so thought I'd join up!
I'm a family man and not overly wealthy lol so I'm only on a budget hardtail at the minute, a coyote Nebraska, it suits my purpose for now and I bought it cheap from a friend , until I'm a little bit more confident and fitter, but I would like a better quality bike eventually.
Trail wise locally I've been riding scartree trail at wakerley woods and hopefully going to head over to harlestone firs one day this week so should be good :D I've seen a few pics of it on here and it looks great!
Anyways, anything anyone wants to know feel free to ask and if I can help with anything I will.
Cheers
Mike

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Hi and welcome.

It's traditional to say hello in Crudcatcher so people can say who the fark are you etc.

And to ignore anything I say.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    cooldad wrote:
    Hi and welcome.

It's traditional to say hello in Crudcatcher so people can say who the fark are you etc.

And to ignore anything I say.

I agree with this!

Welcome mate :)
  • nebraska30
    Cheers guys, at first I was thinking 'crudcatcher wtf!?' With you now though, other forums I've been on have had hello sections so I was a bit lost!
    So is their many other people on here from northants?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Bit out of my way, but have a look in here, or post a new thread.
    viewforum.php?f=10014
    I've met a lot of people through the forum.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nebraska30
    Thanks for that cooldad, I've been having a browse through some of the topics so ill have a look there now :-)
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    Welcome to the family and i'm pretty certain you'll find a few from your neck of the woods on here as i was pleasantly surprised to find others on here that don't live that far away .
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • grl
    grl Posts: 65
    Welcome, I'm a noob as well. Enjoy your riding

Giles
    Cube AMS 110 Pro
    Spesh Rockhopper Comp
    Bianchi Nirone 7
    Spesh Sirrus Comp
    Dahon D7 Speed (for sale, PM if you woudl like to buy - a bargain!)
  • nebraska30
    grl wrote:
    Welcome, I'm a noob as well. Enjoy your riding

Giles

Cheers, I fully intend too! How are you finding the forum so far?