Bib-shorts for commuting purposes

portland_bill
portland_bill Posts: 287
edited May 2012 in Commuting general
I love my bib shorts but my Altura Ergofit ones just fell to bits within a couple of months so they've gone back to Altura to see if I can get some new ones or a refund.

If I get a refund, can anyone recommend some decent and hardwearing bib-shorts that would comfortably live up to a 2 maybe 3 time a week commute of approx 36 miles round trip?

Cheers y'all!

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    normally ride in my club kit but our local shop has its own team and all their gear is supplied by http://www.shuttvr.com/ & have in the last year been wearing their gear all feels really good and has lated without any problems
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I've gt DHB Aeron shorts and they're lasting well.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Azhar
    Azhar Posts: 247
    bails87 wrote:
    I've gt DHB Aeron shorts and they're lasting well.

+1 i have DHB and they're really good. i've had them for a while and no issues what so ever. just one of those purchases i dont have to worry again until i come in to some more money and buy the team sky stuff.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Tried/owned a lot (Rapha/Assos/Castelli) but for the commute you need comfort and value. So either dhb from Wiggle or the Santini ones from Prendas should fit the bill imo
    M.Rushton
  • jomoj
    jomoj Posts: 777
    +1 Endura FS260. The Pro versions are even nicer..

I also had some altura bibs and they bobbled up after only 2 rides, very disappointing because other altura stuff I have has been good. My default commuter shorts are a pair of Edinburgh Cycles Revolution 3/4s which don't have the greatest pad in the world but are fine for my 25mile round trip and are into their 3rd year.
  • whitestar1
    whitestar1 Posts: 530
    Why wear bib-shorts? I was under the impression that you are commuting to/from work. Shorts should work well. I use Decathlon shorts which as served me well over the year.
    Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
    Specialized Roubaix Comp 2017
    Cube Agree Pro 2014
    Triban 7 2013
    RockRider 8.0 2011
    http://www.whitestar1.co.uk