GT Force Carbon Expert

Gibbo GTI
Gibbo GTI Posts: 98
edited February 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Bought the GT Christmas day last year as a treat to myself lol. I'd been watching it for a while and seeing the price come down from £3500 to £2700 to £2300 and then on Christmas day I was showing my sister's boyfriend it on the website and it was down again to £1999! Had no choice but to buy it there and then lol. Seemeed like an eternity until the confirmation of shipping email arrived due to the Christmas holidays.

Mybike.jpg

The pic was taken the in March at the Forest of Dean on a rare dry sunny day for this year.
GT Force Carbon Expert
Carrera Fury

Comments

• chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    supersonic wrote:
    Bargain!
    and then some, very nice :D
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Gibbo GTI
    Thanks. I'm happy with it :) Replaced the seatpost with a Reverb since this pic was taken.
    GT Force Carbon Expert
    Carrera Fury
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    That is gorgeous!
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Where did you get it from btw?
  • Gibbo GTI
    Cheers. I got it from http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/, big saving as it is a 2010 model and was the last one they had. I quite fancy the GT Fury when it comes down in price too lol.
    GT Force Carbon Expert
    Carrera Fury
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    lovely bike...
  • Thought I'd add a few recent pics since the bike has has a few additions since I bought it.

To date it has had:
    Reverb seatpost
    Superstar Nano pedals
    Superstar Razor 50mm stem
    Haven carbon bars
    Superstar grips
    Blackspire Stinger chain tensioner
    Outer ring removed and Hope bash ring fitted

Carbonbars_zpsc1a3cf16.jpg

Front_zps6505bfdb.jpg

Stem_zpsa2710191.jpg
    GT Force Carbon Expert
    Carrera Fury
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    Thats a lovely bike ive got the 120mm version the sensor, this is on my wishlist for my next full suss , whats the weight like
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Awesome bike, I love mine. That's a fantastic looking example. Quick question, have you had any difficulty registering the frame, I have two numbers on mine and neither would register,
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • That is one awesome bike and a defo bargain
  • Gazlar wrote:
    Awesome bike, I love mine. That's a fantastic looking example. Quick question, have you had any difficulty registering the frame, I have two numbers on mine and neither would register,

No problem registering the bike. My serial number starts with an F and then assuming month, year of build and then rest of number unique number to make up the full serial number.
    GT Force Carbon Expert
    Carrera Fury
  • Gazlar
    Gibbo GTI wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

No problem registering the bike. My serial number starts with an F and then assuming month, year of build and then rest of number unique number to make up the full serial number.

Must have been GT's website earlier in the year when I tried registering, tried again today and was all fine.

One tip I do have, keep an eye one the dropout bolts, they have a tendency to loosen, I lost one mid ride not long back and it was fine pre ride
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Must have been an issue with the website then as you say.

I regularly check all the bolts. Only one I've had come lose was a shock one. Have you had any issues with the rear brake hose and rear derailuer cable chaffing the frame where they pass between the frame just above the pivot point? I rerouted mine as I noticed they had rubbed slightly against the tape i'd put on the frame.

Just fitted Pacenti wheels with Tesla hubs and tubeless tyres, hopefully be out on the bike soon to test them out.
    GT Force Carbon Expert
    Carrera Fury
  • Gazlar
    Gibbo GTI wrote:
    Have you had any issues with the rear brake hose and rear derailuer cable chaffing the frame where they pass between the frame just above the pivot point? I rerouted mine as I noticed they had rubbed slightly against the tape i'd put on the frame.
    quote]

No as I built mine from scratch and the clearance between the cable and the frame looked too tight imho for me to be happy it wasnt going to cut into the frame so like youve done, I rerouted my cables on the outside from the start, theyve caused no issues there either
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp