B`Twin bib shorts 7

Raffles
Raffles Posts: 1,137
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
Been looking at the decathlon site and the shorts 7 are marketed for intensive riding. Priced at a very reasonable £40, anybody had any experience of them and can outline any pros or cons ?
2012 Cannondale CAAD 8 105

Comments

• I've got a couple of pairs of the 5 3/4 bib shorts and the only 'issue' was the placement of the label inside them and a pair of scissors soon cured that.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Much better than the cheaper ones at Decathlon - they have a much better pad in them. I got a pair reduced to £22 at Christmas and they are as good as bibshorts I tried costing £70-£80.

I have, however, just experienced Castelli Free Aero and despite the cost they are well worth the money - I could have been sat in a comfy armchair for 4 hours on Saturday, it was that comfy!
  • scottarm
    scottarm Posts: 119
    I have a pair I took a punt on when they were reduced, the 7 series are spot on for the money better that the altura ones I have at the same price, didn't like the 5 series though
  • Raffles
    Raffles Posts: 1,137
    Regarding the 5 series,why so scott ? How does the shorts 7 pad compare to the pad in altura pro gel shorts ?
    2012 Cannondale CAAD 8 105
  • scottarm
    scottarm Posts: 119
    thought the pad in the 5s were very thin, the 7 series pad seems to be longer wearing than the pro gel and I find its shape to be slightly more comfy, it may be just me though