DH - scottish boarders

Majski
Majski Posts: 443
edited May 2012 in Holidays
I'm going on a little trip over June bank holiday with the DH bikes up to Inners. On the way we're going to stop at Lee Quarry to play on some jumps / drops etc and generally see what it's like, then I have 3 days to ride at Inners and we're stopping at gisburn on the way back.

Does anyone know of any otehr decent DH within an hour or so's drive from Inners that it'd be worth spending a day at? I imagine there's loads but I don't know of any

Cheers

Comments

• mr joey
    mr joey Posts: 427
    could always try the DH at AE forrest not sure if its within an our or mabey just take you over,but supposed to be pretty good!
  • Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    Ae is a good should actually! Think it's about 1.20 which is fine we may go try that out
  • UH DH
    UH DH Posts: 4,160
    We've got tons of secret ones, but they are all the type a few people build then don't tell about.

The closest I can think of is Falkland hill, over the Forth in Fife. They run a pay-to-ride thing but it's meant to be good trails. There's a sort of bikepark near linlithgow, I think, but I can't remember what it's called or where. I'll try and look that one up, but I think it's a mix of jumps and smaller DHs.

Go south, you have Ae Forest as already mentioned is about 45 minutes from Inners, or south of Dumfries is mabie Forest, more XC, but the Darkside trail is a good laugh. Alternatively, Glentress is 5 minutes from Inners and has no actual DH trails but a few secret ones that's good for a go.

If you can push yourself to an hour and a half extra driving, I can highly recommend Dunkeld. One of my favourites, though you will be pushing it which isn't so good. That said, you can get to Glencoe in 2hr30 or Fort William in 3hrs. Unfortunately, the Borders isn't good for DH.
    Check out my site - http://www.trail-dog.co.uk
    It's good for you.