Should have bought a lottery ticket...

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited May 2012 in Commuting chat
So yesterday I'm up a ladder about ten feet in the air building an arbour for my grapevine over part of the patio when I dropped my hammer.

Below me was a wheelie bin. On the lid of the wheelie bin lying screen up was my smartphone (HTC Desire).

Hammer hits telephone dead smack-on in the middle of the screen, the bin lid bounces the phone off to land on the concrete below along with the claw hammer tumbling after it.

Not a scratch. Not a scuff nor a crack nor a chip. Amazing!

Any similar tales of ridiculous luck?
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    I once won a tin of peaches at a dog show tom-bola. What are the chances?
  • memsley89
    memsley89 Posts: 247
    My desire followed me into a swimming pool... s'all good!
    they seem pretty well built!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    A mate dropped a Desire into a freshly poured pint. We heard the thud as it landed on (we thought) the table, then spent 15 seconds looking around for the phone before we noticed the pint was sloshing around an awful lot. Once the pint started showing the white HTC bootup screen we were pretty sure that's where the phone had gone.....

It was fished out, dried out for a couple of days and now works fine.

Also, up a ladder? I hope you were wearing a helmet. You could have fallen off and been killed TO DEATH!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    at what stage of being up a ladder did you feel you would require your phone anyway?
    FCN = 4
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    at what stage of being up a ladder did you feel you would require your phone anyway?

Read the first post. You'll see that the phone wasn't up the ladder.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.