iPhone Case

jefflad
jefflad Posts: 315
edited May 2012 in Commuting chat
Anyone use a waterproof case for their iPhone. Don't want one for on the bars just to have in my pocket and want some added protection, basically from water but maybe even dropping. I've checked out the idry case and wondered if anyone has used it or has opinions on what I should choose.

Thanks

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Sandwich bag? ;).
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    Sandwich bag? ;).
    Exactly what I use for club runs :), but the heavier quality 'quart' Ziploc bags as they last a lot longer and offer better sealing.
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Sandwich bag? ;).
    +1
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Griffin hardback with soft bumpers for general protection. Ziplok bag for water.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Sandwich bag? ;).
    +1

+1

For more industrial protection, I have a military-looking thing but it's very bulky, makes the phone awkward to use and doesn't provide full water protection. It does, however, look as though it would withstand a major smash
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • jefflad
    jefflad Posts: 315
    Yes, the ziplock did cross my mind and at present does look favourite.

Anyone with any other ideas?
  • edds
    edds Posts: 156
    I have a box of these and they are fantastic:
    http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Maternity ... ack_25403/

They have a double seal to keep the milk in so are amazing at keeping water out. They are super thick as to not burst with milk in them so are very durable. They are also just wider than an iPhone so fit it perfectly.
    edd
    --
    FCN 4-5; Giant SRC 3; formally known as edduddiee
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    +another 1 for the sandwich bag.

I've got a waterproof gaget case that I got with MBUK a few months ago but it's more fiddly than a sarnie bag and no more waterproof for in my pocket.

You can use the touch screen easily through the bag too.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    We have small sandwich type bags at work for packing small parts in. I just use one of them.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    I use a Aquapac, not great for use ability but totally waterproof, use it for MTBing normally.