And so it starts, Back-To-Work Monday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited May 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning everyone!

Bright sunny morning here in Leeds, making me really happy that I'm going to work.
Feeling absolutely knackered, I was enjoying my sleep!

Meh, busy day ahead so finish my tea and then get to it.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    it's grey and cloudy down here. meh.

in work early. meh.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning twonks
    Lovely day here, shame i'll be busy busy busy!
    Not a bad weekend as it goes, bit of this, bit of that etc.
    Got a busy week this week with meetings etc, but should get some riding in and hopefully the trails will start to dry out some more?

Minion has been dispatched for McD brekki as i had some vouchers that run out tomorrowand i'm not around then.

I have game of thrones on my phone on in the background. small things and all that :D

Laters
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' donkey-fondlers

Overcast here, but it's stopped raining. Wales this weekend was lovely - loads of sun, gentle breeze, warm. ......Until the sun went down.

Today is work m'eh, and compiling some documentation is on the cards, possibley followed by some phone calls. Before all of that, however, there's coffee.

Onwards! To drudgery! (yay, woot, etc)
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Uni + Revision = Double Meh.

Also got some paperwork to be doing later. I hate paper work.

Laters
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

went out for a mini crudite ride yesterday with myself, northern monkey and gazlar (+ my bro in law) my estimations of distance were off and it was about 8km longer than i thought and we were all fecked at the end. Plus i took a tumble on the final descent at CC and could barely hold onto the bars for the reamining 11km ride home :shock: but still a good ride and good to meet gaz in person, also much respect to ben for riding the 32km on a 180mm travel freeride bike with a single chainring :shock:

i spent 5 hours in a&e last night and i've damaged my rotator cuff in my shoulder and i have to go back thurs and have another scan on my thumb...ah well :lol:

today will be spent mostly taking pain killers and skiving, i'm off to get bacon...

laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Morning

Day of meetings - can't wait.

Bright side - despite feeling below par yesterday managed to run a 43 min 10k - 5 mins better than previous best. Celabrated by sunday lunch in the pub :)
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Morning homos.

Well, this week has got off to an AMAZING start. My gran is being released from hospital today after suffering a stroke the other week, she's set to make an almost complete recovery.

Also just had my letter through from IOM Govt, my chq for my tax rebate for the last year is on its way to me now. Just over a grand.

FInally, it's a 2 day week this week, off on Weds and Fri, and having a company "charity work" day on Thurs.

Fuck+Yeah.jpg
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Greetings Maggots,

Today is a day of laze, like every day will be until June 20th when I fly out from Paris
    Sun is shining and the cathedral bells are a ringing, hence why I am awake when I should still be snoozing.
    Yesterday I rode the VelHop rental for well over 40KM and my rump is paying the price this morning.
    Last night I jailbroke the iPhone and UltrSn0wed the baseband firmware, hence, unlocked it. so today I will be buying an Orange SIM card for it.

Right, I think I may go back to bed now and have a lay in until I am motivated enough to start the day
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Mornin chumps

Today is wet, cold and miserable. Plus today sees the start of life long sobriety.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Morning Tards,

Just looking at the weather forecast and wondering whether I can get a ride in before it chucks it down. Think I'll chance it and head for Bedgebury.

@Spong - what's with going on the wagon forever?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    maoning ditch diggers !

well last night was suppose be night 1 of 4, but due to some young fudgepacker,it was cancelled due to him driving into the side of mrs castlelads car @50 mph ish, gave it the old "smidsy" bull5hit bla bla, so we spent yesterday pm in a&e getting her checked over, daughter was in the back too, so he's a very lucky fudgepacker indeed(nearly contacted gazlar for some ditch digging tips :evil: * )........sooooo today is sorting the car with garage,insurance etc etc and then tonight is night 1 of 3...............oh and no bacons due to not replenishing stock yesterday ! :roll:

*may still do so if the chance occurs
  • spongtastic
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Drinking too much, getting bored of it, and would rather spend more money on the kids.

• foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Ace weekend with TFN culminating in finding a note he had left me asking me to be his girlfriend. Silly boy.
    Enjoyed a pedal in the Peaks again on Saturday, front brake almost down to the metal so TFN volunteered to sort that out and clean the bikes. Problem is now my brake is jammed on because the piston won't release all the way. Guess what I'll be trying to do this week?
    Work followed by yoga today. What fun.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    castlelad wrote:
    maoning ditch diggers !

well last night was suppose be night 1 of 4, but due to some young fudgepacker,it was cancelled due to him driving into the side of mrs castlelads car @50 mph ish, gave it the old "smidsy" bull5hit bla bla, so we spent yesterday pm in a&e getting her checked over, daughter was in the back too, so he's a very lucky fudgepacker indeed(nearly contacted gazlar for some ditch digging tips :evil: * )........sooooo today is sorting the car with garage,insurance etc etc and then tonight is night 1 of 3...............oh and no bacons due to not replenishing stock yesterday ! :roll:

*may still do so if the chance occurs

Hope everyone's ok. Fecking nob.

Rant/
    I've just had a run in with a RLJing cyclist at a pedestrian crossing. Narrowly missed me and my flatmate, tried to hop onto the pavement to avoid traffic and came off. He's lucky only to have come away with some road rash the bellend, especially after the way he was speaking to us afterwards. Thankfully the flatmates GF was nice and calming, my flatmate was properly livid. I'm quite angry too. Now I suspect I'll be in a mood for the rest of the day.

Rant over.

That's made me feel a bit better. Still want to kill the fag though. Made even worse by it being quite a nice looking C456 he was riding. Doesn't deserve it.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Drinking too much, getting bored of it, and would rather spend more money on the kids.

Plus side: no hangovers! :D
    Downside: going to the pub is no cheaper unless you and all your mates drink soda and lime. Otherwise soft drinks can be shockingly expensive. :(

Plus side: being able to hold a meaningful conversation when on a night out! :D
    Downside: pubs become very dull as drunk people are actually very 'special needs' and tedious company. :(

Plus side: you can drive to the pub! :D
    Downside: you are always the one to drive to the pub. :(

Plus side: non-drinker piousness! :D
    Downside: non-drinker piousness :(

Plus side: I feel a lot better for having stopped! :D
    Plus side: My friends don't feel any better for me having stopped! :D:D
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning Bumholes,

Today i am mostly looking at the window and wishing i could go ride rather than work in an office. I need to become a professional trailside ditch digger or summat :(
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    A'right Scuttlers

Twinged a tendon walking to the pub of all things last night, going to try and walk it off in a bit around the park. Still off today as I am the whole of the week but I plan of today being my lazy day.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Clank wrote:
    Plus side: no hangovers! :D
    Downside: going to the pub is no cheaper unless you and all your mates drink soda and lime. Otherwise soft drinks can be shockingly expensive. :(

Plus side: being able to hold a meaningful conversation when on a night out! :D
    Downside: pubs become very dull as drunk people are actually very 'special needs' and tedious company. :(

Plus side: you can drive to the pub! :D
    Downside: you are always the one to drive to the pub. :(

Plus side: non-drinker piousness! :D
    Downside: non-drinker piousness :(

Plus side: I feel a lot better for having stopped! :D
    Plus side: My friends don't feel any better for me having stopped! :D:D

Welcome to my hell, I have been a teetotaller my entire life.
    However, I've driven some very nice cars due to becoming the designated driver by default..

Agreed, the pubs do charge exuberant prices for soft drinks, plus in England most Colas are vended from one of those horrible drinks machines. Here in France all Colas come in glass bottles :¬)
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Just been frame browsing too on my day off which means "gulp" I've just listed my hardtail as I dont use it much and theres no point in me having that many bikes that I dont use
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Had a Crunchie at lunchtime to get that Friday feeling - Failed.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    had quite an early start at 7am this morning, unfortunately i should have been there at 6am cue minions taking the p1ss and expecting donuts tomorrow, my argument is that as i am in charge i decide wether i am late or they are all early!

had a good day out in cambridge saturday, met friends for sociable tea and cakes then as they had to go look after kids, me and mrs 13 got on the lash! still feel a bit rough now!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Spong, you'll save a fortune, but completely teetotal forever - do you reckon you can keep to it? :shock: I've cut back a fair bit just by not drinking when I'm in the house (except when we've got people round) but I can't stay off the stuff altogether :)

@WelshKev - hope you get your shoulder sorted. I've still got a dodgy one from when I tried to shoulder barge a rock there back in March.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • spongtastic
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Spong, you'll save a fortune, but completely teetotal forever - do you reckon you can keep to it? :shock: I've cut back a fair bit just by not drinking when I'm in the house (except when we've got people round) but I can't stay off the stuff altogether :)

@WelshKev - hope you get your shoulder sorted. I've still got a dodgy one from when I tried to shoulder barge a rock there back in March.

The plan's to stop for a month, same as I did with smoking, and if it works out then I'll probably carry on. Will have to wait and see.

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

cheers mate, the shoulder feels a bit better today but i'm not sure if that's just the pain killers kicking in :?

@spong: i've cut down loads, i have a couple of glasses of wine on the weekend really and that's it, when i was on holiday the other week i got absolutely lashed whilst out watching a band, didn't get in til 4am and woke up the next day feeling so crap it's reminded me why i don't drink very much, i say cutting down is the way..for me anyway :D