What a way to win it.
To all those City fans that were there through all the tough years,
Wimbledon away in February in front of 5,000 fans, Gillingham at Wembley in 99,

Happy days,

City Til I die!!

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Congratulations to City. Although many fans will say that it was just a bought title, the only way of beating the self-perpetuating oligarchy these days is to have a sugar daddy owner.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    yeah pleased for them - i remeber kick off with elton welsby and gerald sinstadt when they used to have denis law on, always preferred them to man u - off topic Joey Barton should be kicked out of the game.

Be interesting to see how that success will affect them next year in the champs league.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Football is a game dictated by money.
    When United were paying 30million for Ferdinand, City were paying 300k for Kevin Horlock.
    Think of 30mil for Rooney and Berbatov, 26mil for Veron etc.
    Anyone that says City have bought the title have a very short memory.
    Just a side note:
    Ashley Young: What a chap.
    I hope he's a really nice bloke off a football field.

CTID.
  • vs
    vs Posts: 468
    City bought the title.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Football is a game dictated by money.
    When United were paying 30million for Ferdinand, City were paying 300k for Kevin Horlock.
    Think of 30mil for Rooney and Berbatov, 26mil for Veron etc.
    Anyone that says City have bought the title have a very short memory.
    Just a side note:
    Ashley Young: What a chap.
    I hope he's a really nice bloke off a football field.

CTID.

Utd by and large make their own cash don't they?

Certainly compared to say Chelsea or City.

Sugar daddies are all very well but eventually they get bored.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    As a Chelsea fan - flippin' excellent stuff - very, very well done City - top stuff.

Its like a brilliant comedy club (in a very good way) anything that could happen this year has happened - I would have loved to have seen old ginger head's face when they banged in the last 2 goals.

City win the league, we win the FA, Moan U win nothing: excellent year. Saturday could be the icing in the cake, but hey, I'm not exactly holding my breath after the FA performance.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Yossie wrote:
    As a Chelsea fan - flippin' excellent stuff - very, very well done City - top stuff.

Its like a brilliant comedy club (in a very good way) anything that could happen this year has happened - I would have loved to have seen old ginger head's face when they banged in the last 2 goals.

City win the league, we win the FA, Moan U win nothing: excellent year. Saturday could be the icing in the cake, but hey, I'm not exactly holding my breath after the FA performance.

This is what United supporters love about football. ABUs have the odd day like yesterday, but on the whole we're usually sat smugly smiling at all the long faces.

Credit to City though. If someone hands you £930m, then it takes special quality to send that cash in the right directions.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Well done City made my day.

As soon as the 3rd goal went I switched to see the smile be wiped off smug fergie's face. Oh how I laughed.
  • Yossie
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Yossie wrote:

This is what United supporters love about football. ABUs have the odd day like yesterday, but on the whole we're usually sat smugly smiling at all the long faces.

Credit to City though. If someone hands you £930m, then it takes special quality to send that cash in the right directions.

And you wonder why everyone hates Moan U .........

Ta ta cheery nothing for you.
  • Ben6899
    Yossie wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Yossie wrote:

And you wonder why everyone hates Moan U .........

Ta ta cheery nothing for you.

We thrive on the hate. That siege mentality has helped to win a lot.

And, Yossie, you bite far too easily. I expected better from you of all people! :) (Gazzaput probably couldn't log on quickly enough. Is it bleeding yet, Gazza?)
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Ben6899 wrote:
    (Gazzaput probably couldn't log on quickly enough. Is it bleeding yet, Gazza?)

Never cheered another teams goal like I did yesterday.
  • Ben6899
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    (Gazzaput probably couldn't log on quickly enough. Is it bleeding yet, Gazza?)

Never cheered another teams goal like I did yesterday.

I suppose desperate times call for desperate measures.
    Ben

• Yossie
    North London Moan U fan? Love it. What's the story - ex Manc? Dad was a red? Found them before they became commercial?

Desperate times, desperate measures. Oh sorry, I didn't realise that we were talking about Paul Scholes.

Ta ta nothing for you this year. Ta ta.

Cheerio!
  • finchy
    Man U fans really shouldn't be complaining about City buying the title - they were quite happy for the past 2 decades when the increasingly anti-competitive set up of modern football (top 4 going into "Champions" League, etc.) made it virtually impossible for a latter-day Nottingham Forest/Leeds/Derby County style team to come up and challenge them through nothing more than good management.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    "City bought the title". Change the record lads, this one's getting boring. Course they bought the title, just like Liverpool used to buy good players to win the league, then Blackburn did, then Chelsea showed everyone how to do it properly, and now City have done it.

There's a tedious stat doing the rounds that in the City United match a couple of weeks agp City's team cost £187m, Utd's £167m. But United's endless pursuit of top talent like Ronaldo, Rooney, Ferdinand etc isn't buying the league, that's investment? Yeah right. All City have done is to bypass a few years of incremental squad development and cut out the wait, much like United fans the world over have cut out the business of supporting local teams and bypassed the wait and the ups & downs and the joys & disappointment of years when a promotion challenge or a bit of a cup run might be in the air, they've gone straight for the virtual guarantee of major trophy or the Championship itself every year. It might just be me but that's a major factor in my dislike of Utd, the desire to jump on the glory bus and then claim the reflected glory as somehow a positive reflection on them, the fans. Sod em. Events like yesterday when Utd thought they'd won it only for them to have it snatched away so late was so so enjoyable, made more so by the fact it was city wot did it. Lovely. And for someone like me whose whole football life has been spent watching teams failing to nick that odd goal that would clinch whatever victory was in sight but always just out of reach, it was double joy squared on stilts seeing those last couple of minutes unfold. The team I really wanted to see win it, doing the team that I really didn't want to see win it.

A lifetime of it; England being knocked out in Mexico after taking a winning lead. England v the Germans again in the 72 Euro Championships, England v Poland at Wembley in 73. England v Italy in the 78 WC qualifiers, or v Spain in 82, Argies in 86, the germans again in 90, 96 etc, or Leicester's steady yo-yoing over the decades in the leagues, or v Notts County in the ZDF Northern area semi-final at Notts County one wet Tuesday night, or... bosh bosh bosh. The list is never-ending, games where just a goal would have done it and it never happens. Well yesterday it did, and it was great.

And just to add, when Man Ure fans claim that they enjoy being the target of hatred & abuse as it just makes them happier when they do win things, I can only :roll: at them. What a bunch of glory-hunting saddoes.
  • Ben6899
    Yossie wrote:
    North London Moan U fan? Love it. What's the story - ex Manc? Dad was a red? Found them before they became commercial?

Desperate times, desperate measures. Oh sorry, I didn't realise that we were talking about Paul Scholes.

Ta ta nothing for you this year. Ta ta.

Cheerio!

North London - check.
    United supporter - check.
    Ex Manc? - check.
    Dad is a red? - check.

Found them before they came commercial? n/a, but technically I suppose I did given that I'm 32.

Is that okay Yossie? Do I pass? Am I allowed to support United without being labelled a "glory hunting saddo"?

Another season without any success won't harm. We'll lose a few glory followers from the ranks, but we're happy with that.
    Ben

• finchy
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Another season without any success won't harm. We'll lose a few glory followers from the ranks, but we're happy with that.

How are you going to pay off your debts without glory followers?
  • Ben6899
    johnfinch wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

There'll still be plenty of merchandise being sold in the East.
    Ben

• finchy
    Ben6899 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

You've got to keep winning to sell that merchandise though.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Man City - Awesome!

A what seems like a cobbled together team, with some class players and some proper characters. Glad they've won it. Hopefully Spurs will do it next year
  • Ben6899
    johnfinch wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

I don't have any concerns in that respect. United have been written off before - remember when Chelsea were set to become the new oligarch? - but they always bounce back.
    Ben

• finchy
    Ben6899 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

I don't have any concerns in that respect. United have been written off before - remember when Chelsea were set to become the new oligarch? - but they always bounce back.

I do indeed. OTOH, Man City's owners seem to know what they're doing and are willing to give managers a bit of time.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Money is a big factor in a lot of sport, the more you have the better chance you (should) have of success. However, teams have to be built,coached and motivated. City were dead and buried with 90mins on the clock and they dug deep and got the winner.

I don't dis-like Man Utd but I was glad they didn't get the title. I struggle to come to terms with anyone who "supports" a team that play miles away. Fair do's if your an exile but why should someone who was born in Notts want to follow a team of Mancs, scousers or Londoners.

I'd have loved to have been in my local yest'day just to see the usual plastic mancs that frequent the establishment crying in their ice cold lager. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Ben6899
    johnfinch wrote:
    I do indeed. OTOH, Man City's owners seem to know what they're doing and are willing to give managers a bit of time.

We'll have to see.
    Ben

• styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    I struggle to come to terms with anyone who "supports" a team that play miles away.

I guess the word "supports" is a fairly loose term aswell. I dont think buying a replica football shirt really counts!
  • postman
    postman Posts: 120
    I loved seeing the real supporters leaving before the end.Then trying to get back in.Stay while the end numpties and applaud the team whatever happened.So now you will be laughed at you missed a piece of footballing history.Two goals in injury time to win the biggest prize in British football.Supporters i don't think so.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Ben6899 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

We'll have to see.

I think we have seen. Man U had individuals for years and failed apart from the odd FA Cup, Liverpool built teams. That slowly flipped and the balance of power shifted emphatically. Chelsea have never got the team ethic thing totally sorted out. Man C have had a hell of a time with Balotelli's antics & the whole Tevez saga and have still come through as a unit. There is the team ethic running through the club that is crucial to winning things in the last minute the way Man U have had all their own way up until now.

just for the record Hyde Utd have bought the Conference North title on the back of City's money far more than City have bought the premiership. Saved from relegation 2 years in the last 3 by other teams going bust and all of a sudden they're City's reserve ground, all the red painted stands have gone pale blue and they win their league at a canter.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    postman wrote:
    I loved seeing the real supporters leaving before the end.Then trying to get back in.Stay while the end numpties and applaud the team whatever happened.So now you will be laughed at you missed a piece of footballing history.Two goals in injury time to win the biggest prize in British football.Supporters i don't think so.

Heh heh, made me chuckle too.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Ben6899 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

We'll have to see.

I thought what Fergie really craves is another European Cup and whilst I don't doubt they will be challenging for a while longer domestically I can't see another CL win soon, not without upping the levels of investment considerably.
  • Gazzaputt wrote:
    Well done City made my day.

As soon as the 3rd goal went I switched to see the smile be wiped off smug fergie's face. Oh how I laughed.

+1

Premier League title £903 Million, Fergies face when he realised they losy PRICELESS :D
    Building:
    S-Works Venge, Ultegra DI2, Carbon Clinchers
    Race:
    Moda Stretto, Force Groupset, American Classic Carbon 58`s

Winter:
    Whyte Suffolk, Hydro Disks

Retro:
    Tommasini Super Prestige Full Campagnolo C/W Delta`s