Very vague seller on ebay, stolen cube??

appy
appy Posts: 408
edited May 2012 in MTB general
Asked for proof of purchase or details of where it was bought from. Also asked for pics of the actual bike to be told.. Its in its box so cant take pics, receipt is probably in the box.

So i asked for the shop it was bought from or the serial number due to the amount of stolen bikes about ...was told
So your saying I walked into a shop and stole a bike in its box. I'm not explaining nothing. Goodbye

hmm surely if you want to sell and its legit you give a little more info than that

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... TQ:GB:1123

Comments

• appy
    wonder if theres anywere i can try to find out if one was stolen recently, have tried googling it but nothing and with the lootings recently its a possibility
  • kevsgsi
    kevsgsi Posts: 19
    Surely you don't want another bike anyway?!?!
  • paul20v
    paul20v Posts: 267
    He has sold one item in his time of membership on ebay
    Then refuses to give you any info on the origin of the bike
    Its a nobrainer steer clear would be my advice .
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Simple - reported him to Ebay as he said he'll only accept cash or bank transfer. Sellers have to accept Paypal. It's the rules.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • appy
    Kevsgsi wrote:
    Surely you don't want another bike anyway?!?!
    yep looking for another with 140mm travel at least

love the ghost amr and dont want to ruin it doing drops and jumps on it

ive reported him as well
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    If it don't feel right, don't do it . . .
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    We should flood the Q&A with questions about the bike.
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    appy wrote:
    So your saying I walked into a shop and stole a bike in its box. I'm not explaining nothing. Goodbye
    Stolen.

Or he's dumb. Anyone selling a bike should be expected to at least provide the serial numbers for legal reasons, just the same as you're entitled to check the VIN on a car you're buying.

My money is on the former though.

And yeah, he's breaking ebay rules. Payment on collection is okay, but still has to offer paypal. He does technically, but saying otherwise in the listing is against their rules.

Though maybe worth flagging him up with the police first than flag it with ebay and have him disappear. Then again, the police will do nothing based on just our suspicion. They'd probably do nothing even with hard evidence. Not worth their time.

Tell him you'll do a bank transfer but he has to deposit £100 in your Nigerian bank account first so you can release the funds.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    that is of course if there is even a bike at all, turn up, and get mugged or a box of rocks, transfer cash before turning up and a no show
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • steve1312
    steve1312 Posts: 79
    I notice his location is london.

Didn't an Evans down there get cleaned out in the riots?

probably just been released from prison and now selling his goods
  • Anonymous
    Listing gone now. Probably good as it was over £1k in bids.
  • appy
    Awesome a case of ebay customer service actually doing the right thing!!
  • appy
    its back on so ive reported it again but dont think ebay do anything unless there is more than one report

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320906704326? ... 1423.l2649
  • Anonymous
    And people still bid on it :roll:

Though they might be fakes. A couple seem to have bid multiple times in succession with no other bids, so they're just upping their bid every few minutes. Why would they do that? Hmm.
  • simonp123
    simonp123 Posts: 490
    appy wrote:
    its back on so ive reported it again but dont think ebay do anything unless there is more than one report

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320906704326? ... 1423.l2649

I reported it too, so maybe that will help. Sounds dodgy as flip to me!
  • Unfortunately, there will be many people out there who do not care if the bike has been stolen or not as long as they get a bargain, especially if it has been stolen from a store as the attitude will be 'oh well, they have insurance'.

I hope he is just a rude individual and it is in fact not selling stolen goods, knowingly or otherwise.
  • agg25
    agg25 Posts: 619
    He says he accepts paypal now on the page but then goes on to say in the text only accepts cash, I highly suspect it's stolen, everyone please report this n0bjockey,
  • Plyphon
    Plyphon Posts: 433
    i reported the first listing, going on to report the 2nd now.

good work fellas.
  • jeannot18
    jeannot18 Posts: 720
    He also sold a brand new Scott CR1 for £885 on April 25, got good feedback from buyer (could be bogus too i guess), but that is 2 brand new bikes that he is/was selling. Hmmmm, back of the lorry story??

JC
    Pédale ou crève
    Specialized Elite Allez with 105
    Rockrider 8.1 : )
  • cooldad
    Maybe he just sells bikes. It happens.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • appy
    cooldad wrote:
    Maybe he just sells bikes. It happens.
    If that was the case you would give answers to peoples questions of where its come from
  • simonp123
    simonp123 Posts: 490
    I see the listing has been removed again, something dodgy about it...
  • cooldad
    He just keeps on insisting on bank transfer. You can ask for it, but you have to accept Paypal, end of story. If you won't - deleted.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    Gone again, but he's probably not worried. Has sold at least one before, identical and same terms http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320895393956#ht_634wt_1185

Maybe he is just some dealer. Probably just a Del Boy, shifting boxes of the stuff for cash and avoiding the VAT man. See how far he gets with that now HMRC have ordered ebay to cough up details of sellers.