Shame

asprilla
asprilla Posts: 8,440
edited May 2012 in Commuting chat
This morning was glorious as I set off with CJ and JG on the May Flyer. The omens were great right up the second corner when there was the sound of panic on gravel and JG was down. This must have made him mad because he then turned into The Incredible Spin and shot off into the distance with CJ in hot pursuit. I responded and it took me precisely 30s to be dropped like a fart in a express elevator.

Now I know that JG and CJ are quick but something was wrong here. The next three hours were to prove the most hateful time I've ever had on a bike. my lungs failed, my legs failed, my energy levels failed and worst of all my will failed. Three weeks ago I climbed Combe Lane in 5.50 and today I walked from just after the hairpin.

I'm now off to beat myself with a birch branch.
Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
Sun - Cervelo R3
Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX

Comments

• greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Virus?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Wine.

And cigars.

He's just back from what must have been a brilliant holiday!
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • asprilla
    Wine, cigars, lack of sleep / jet lag are the most likely suspects. Mate we visited in Yokohama did have Mycoplasma Pneumoniae but the geastation is around 25 days so I doubt it's that.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    That was a hard ride. Windy and the road surface made it feel like you were pedalling through treacle. Not nice.

Glad they didn't send us up whitedown or I would have been walking too. The crash bent my mech hanger so the entire ride was in the big ring as every gear jumped in the small. Hope my LBS can bend the hanger back as it's not a replaceable one. If not that innocuous crash may end up being very expensive...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • asprilla
    I particularly liked the strade bianche sections they put down in honour of the Giro.

Unlucky on the slip, hope it's fixable. You hanger is bent, CJs seat post held together with structural gaffer tape and I found I needed a new chain, cassette, had no working rear brake and the front mech kept overshifting. I was wrong in my initial assessment; we couldn't get one working bike between us.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Damn sorry to hear that chaps, had a nice ride with Rob & Mike apart from the aforementioned windy and shoot roads, so many craters oh and the odd 24% climb :shock: :? :cry:

Clearly they didnt get the memo from my manager, itboffin doesnt do + >16% gradients ....its in my contract

Jeez!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.