5.10 spd blanket plate issue / question

Drew Carey
Drew Carey Posts: 19
edited May 2012 in MTB general
Howdy All,

Hoping someone may help. I have a pair or 5.10 Miennars that I use for all riding. Today at Cannock, one of the blanking plates that covers the SPD fixings has come lose and disapeared......soooooooooo

Does anyone have any suggestions on how / if I can get hold of spare blanking plates........looked on 5.10 website but can see no email addresses etc to contact. I could leave it blank but it rattles without the plate in place, plus will let a load more dirt / fluid in.

Thoughts?!?

Cheers

Drew
Modded 2010 Spesh Pitch Comp
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12839087
Rockrider 8.1 - Now transformed to bmy commuting singlespeed!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Contact the place you bought them from.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • vmgscot
    vmgscot Posts: 120
    What's the sole like... are these the same as the Hellcats? If so, I have the 'covers' that I removed from the sole on a pair of Hellcats spare as I use them with spds/CB mallets.
    vmgscot
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Why would you buy those shoes if you were going to run them with flats? They're virtually identical to the freerider apart from the velcro and the colour, and a lot more expensive...
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Drew Carey
    Cheers for the responses all.....managed to find a way to contact 5.10 so awaiting a response
    nicklouse wrote:
    Contact the place you bought them from.

Would love to......but little local shop thats now closed.
    vmgscot wrote:
    What's the sole like... are these the same as the Hellcats? If so, I have the 'covers' that I removed from the sole on a pair of Hellcats spare as I use them with spds/CB mallets.

The ones on mine are 75mm by just shy of 40mm accross with rounded edges.....if the right size will happily take them from you.
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Why would you buy those shoes if you were going to run them with flats? They're virtually identical to the freerider apart from the velcro and the colour, and a lot more expensive...

Because they were 65 squids in a sale.......and if I wish to go back to SPDs I can.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Drew Carey wrote:
    ilovedirt wrote:

Because they were 65 squids in a sale.......and if I wish to go back to SPDs I can.
    Lol alright, I'll let you off then ;)

on a side note, how are they? thinking of getting some skater style shoes for SPDs if i can earn some money over the summer, and it would probably be between these and the 661 filters, I love my five ten freeriders, but the 661s cost almost half as much...
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Drew Carey
    They are amazing, the soles are so stiff there is no flex its great. Plus the additional velcro strap helps keep them tight. Build quality is superb and they have been comfy walking and riding.