arm warmers tightness

samsbike
samsbike Posts: 942
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
I need some advice on arm warmers. I tried on a l and xl ( boy same brand and same length -specialized) and the xl felt better, but the shop recommended the L. In terms of sizing the XL is only a few mm wider. In terms of all other specialized clothing I wear XL.

Thanks for any advice.

To be honest I could live with both but the xl is just slightly less than a second skin

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Last thing you want in road cycling life is armwarmer gappage.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Or Slippage
  • klep
    klep Posts: 158
    Wear em tight. Prevent breaking Rule #82
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Unfortunately I have puny arms but am average height which means that, to get a snug fit with small sized armwarmers, they end up too short. Tried quite a few options but had to make do with some m/l sized ones with a few stitches in to keep tight, still a bit rubbish though.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Unfortunately I have puny arms but am average height which means that, to get a snug fit with small sized armwarmers, they end up too short. Tried quite a few options but had to make do with some m/l sized ones with a few stitches in to keep tight, still a bit rubbish though.

They're like gold dust, but the nike arm warmers are good for that.
  • giropaul
    giropaul Posts: 414
    A safety pin at the top prevents an unsightly gap.
  • Try the Prendas meraklon armwarmers. I am blessed with the build of a colombian climber (so I am told) (And no, I dont kick out the same power to weight ratio). So I have particularly skinny arms, and wear small in everything. I have both the small and medium arm warmers from Prendas. The medium are just as tight as the small, but longer. There is no slippage at all. Cheap as chips too, plus pro's wear 'em etc

http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ty ... 43&ID=1037
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Another long set of small arm warmers are Endura FS260 Pro:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... mers-34153
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Thanks chaps, didn't mean to hijack the thread but it looks like toasty arms for me :)
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Go tighter.

I have arms like Thor (honest) but wear medium spesh arm warmers. They're a bit of a ball ache to pull down but I'd rather that than have to keep pulling them up like another pair I have.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017