devils elbow-brecon way road resurfacing

cwm
cwm Posts: 177
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
little tiny chipping thrown on the road,no probs if your heading up the elbow apart for the turn onto the lane,but could be nasty coming down as chippings get nasty after the cattle grid
now sharing my plods on
http://www.strava.com/athletes/cwm

Comments

• RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    excellent advice, thanks...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    I will take that into consideration when I finally get around to that 678 mile Sunday Run.
    If you head up this way, the cattle grid is missing slats on the turn off to Killingtringan and the back road from there has some errant lambs on it most of the time. Careful as they tend to get jammed in the spokes easy. Just past the red telephone booth North of....
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    I will take that into consideration when I finally get around to that 678 mile Sunday Run.
    If you head up this way, the cattle grid is missing slats on the turn off to Killingtringan and the back road from there has some errant lambs on it most of the time. Careful as they tend to get jammed in the spokes easy. Just past the red telephone booth North of....
    I've got a holiday planned in Dumfries in June so I am keen to avoid the cattle grid with the missing slats, but when I google Killingtringan it comes up with Killington in Vermont! Please put my mind at rest and pinpoint the exact location of this death trap otherwise I fear I may have to cancel my holiday :!:

Also, I am assuming that by June we will have eaten all the lambs or they will have gotten too big to get stuck in the spokes, or should I go and buy a set of disc wheels? I was hoping that the only animal casualties would be the Scottish midges. :D
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712

It's not as bad as it was some of those slats have been replaced. Worth having in the back of the mind if you're out that way.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Gizmodo wrote:
    I've got a holiday planned in Dumfries in June so I am keen to avoid the cattle grid with the missing slats, but when I google Killingtringan it comes up with Killington in Vermont! Please put my mind at rest and pinpoint the exact location of this death trap otherwise I fear I may have to cancel my holiday :!:

If you are heading up to Dumfries from Cannock, there is a chance you'll be pedalling through Leeds. If you are, I should warn you that there are a number of roadworks and some particularly bad potholes. My advice is to give Leeds a 70 mile exclusion zone for your own safety.

Edit: Killington? That's a bigger buzz kill than Buzz Killington!

buzz-killington.jpg
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Rolf F wrote:
    If you are heading up to Dumfries from Cannock, there is a chance you'll be pedalling through Leeds. If you are, my advice is to give Leeds a 70 mile exclusion zone because it's sh!t.

Fixed that for you.
  • rolf_f
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    If you are heading up to Dumfries from Cannock, there is a chance you'll be pedalling through Leeds. If you are, my advice is to give Leeds a 70 mile exclusion zone because it's sh!t.

Fixed that for you.

Oh that is mean! :cry:
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Oops, didn't mean for it to end in tears Rolf :)

FWIW, the best pint of Tetley I ever had was in Leeds, real cask ale on draught, very nice.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Does anybody have any safety warnings for the A345, down the hill from Old Sarum into Salisbury? I'll be on roller-blades on Sunday, just after lunchtime.

Ta
  • rolf_f
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Oops, didn't mean for it to end in tears Rolf :)

FWIW, the best pint of Tetley I ever had was in Leeds, real cask ale on draught, very nice.

You're just making things worse! They are currently demolishing the brewery :cry:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    Gizmodo wrote:
    Also, I am assuming that by June we will have eaten all the lambs or they will have gotten too big to get stuck in the spokes, or should I go and buy a set of disc wheels? I was hoping that the only animal casualties would be the Scottish midges. :D

No where near Dumfries. I msis splet it. B738, Killantringan Google Earth - 54°52'17.52"N, 5° 7'10.22"W. Whilst you are in google. Just head 2 miles due west for the most stunning of beaches. If you see lots of cars in the car park, don't worry - its not a plethora of visitors. They have been abandonded and are ready for stripping and setting alight to.

Ha ha midges. The devils own. You need warm up balm 'cos we don't get any summer here. Fine, except the midges stick to it like sh1t to the preverbial.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!