Weaving webs...

pinno
pinno Posts: 52,098
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
Apologies straight away for using cake stop for this sort of thing but it is for a good cause.

I run a voluntary organisation that recycles cans and waste cooking oil. We are in our 10th year and are trying to become one of the handful of voluntary organisations that are self-sustainable.
We give placements to adults with mild learning difficulties, special needs, histories of: mental health problems, drug addiction, alcohol.
We have successfully helped numerous adults back into employment and out of downward spirals.

In short we are a voluntary organisation who help people back into society whilst doing our bit for the environment.
In the tax year 2011-2012, we recycled 14 tons of steel cans, 9 tons of Aluminium cans and 12,000 litres of waste cooking oil. We cover a 68 mile radius.
Last year we won our second Gold award from nationalrecylingstars.com:

http://www.e2bpulse.com/Publisher/Artic ... ?ID=308179

Scroll just over half way down the page to Stranraer Recycling Group

What we need is a web designer. Nothing fancy just a few pics and some links/contact and background info.

Unfortunately, there will be no remuneration for this work, but you could use some space on the web page to further your own interests in return providing it meets with the approval of the committee (not a bad bunch!).

If you are interested in assisting us, please PM me. Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thank you.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Setup a Facebook page instead. You can do it yourself, add photos, events, status updates, links etc when you want to without having to rely on anyone else. Facebook is also well used and you just need to get people to "like" your page to spread the word. Oh and it's free.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I'd love to help, but unfortunately, I don't have the first idea of how to build a web page.
    Good luck though, it sounds a very worth while endeavor !

M
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    Gizmodo wrote:
    Setup a Facebook page instead. You can do it yourself, add photos, events, status updates, links etc when you want to without having to rely on anyone else. Facebook is also well used and you just need to get people to "like" your page to spread the word. Oh and it's free.

| will have a look at that. I got the feeling (maybe I am wrong) that it requires constant updating etc. Thanks
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Gizmodo wrote:

| will have a look at that. I got the feeling (maybe I am wrong) that it requires constant updating etc. Thanks
    So all you want is a static page or 2, never any updates? I can set that up for you if you want. I'll PM you my email address, send me by email
    - photos
    - text
    - logos that you use
    - colours that you use
    - links to supporters/sponsors/affiliates
    - documents or other items you want on the site
    - some other web sites that you like the look of that you think would look good