Recommended Cycling shoe for Foot pain

jc4lab
jc4lab Posts: 554
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
Prob cos of my age started to get pain behind all the toes and espec big tow after cycling as l if bending the foot during pedalling is spraining the tendons on the top of my foot..It then seizes up.Would cycling shoes or even cycle clips help do you think.If so is there any cycling shoe brand or other way which you can recommend .
jc

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what do you cycle in now?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    I assume you don't wear cycling shoes at the moment, I'm sure they'll help you. Stiff soles in general are a must in my opinion when cycling
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Sounds like you have the foot too far back on the pedal, the load should be through the ball of your foot, not the toes.... SPD's are great at locating the foot right (or at least in the same place!) every time!

I use spech and they are great, but have just bought some Shimano's (not used yet!)
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.