Vs....

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited May 2012 in Commuting chat
Stealing DDD's post in the 'things from my yoof' thread - DDD stated that He-Man could kick Lion-o's ass.....

Well, I am not too sure about that. Seeing as Lion-o is based on a Lion, he will be really quick, strong and have some very sharp teeth and claws. He-Man may be stronger and have a sword, but I think that Lion-o would cause He-Man more injuries and blood loss.

lion-o2.jpg

he-man.jpg

Are there any other good Vs battles?

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Shark v Crocodile ?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • There can be only one:

220px-Megasharkvsgiantoctopus.jpg
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Well, you've pi$$ed on my fireworks........

:lol:
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    King Kong Vs Goodzilla

File:King_Kong_vs_Godzilla_1962.jpg
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • John Terry v Rio Ferdinand

or

Steven Gerrard v Frank Lampard

Surely they can't play together (for different reasons)
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I don't know who would win in a He-Man Vs Lion O fight, but I'd be concerned if Fisto joined in too:
    Fisto.jpg
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Tinkywinky vs George from Rainbow.

Tell me you wouldn't pay to watch that.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Alien Vs Predator? Sounded better in theory. Though the game was excellent.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Alright, firstly Lion-o had the Sword of Omens, which in my opinion, was the better blade when comparing it to He-man's (and She-ra's) Power Sword.

Now while Lion-o was part Lion he was also a teenager in a man's body and so would lack the combat experience He-man had. Combat experience that was arguably Prince Adam's own skill set, enhanced further when he became He-man.

This bring me to enhancements. Lion-o looked the part, but He-man was actually super strong given that his transformation purely magical. There is an episode where He-man lifts and throws the Castle Greyskull. A better vs would be Hulk vs He-man. Hulk would win.

Other vs.

Hulk vs Superman
    Superman vs Silver Surfer
    Hawkeye vs Green Arrow
    Cloud vs Tidus
    Goku vs Ryu
    Shredder vs Daredevil
    Centrurions vs Gi Joe
    Batman vs Captain America
    Robin vs Bucky/Winter Soldier
    Green Lantern vs Quasar
    Lone Wanderer vs The Courier (Fallout)
    Dragonborn vs The Hero of Cyrodil (Obilivion)
    Light Side vs Dark Side (normally unpacked as Luke vs Yoda / Obi-wan vs Mace Windu Revan vs Vadar etc)
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Celebrity Death Match!

I'd like to see Rick Santorum thrown in a ring with any muscular gay man you care to nominate.

Abu Hamza up against a really large pig?

The members of the Westboro Baptist Church tag-teaming against a platoon of marines.

Oh the possibilities are endless.......
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Oh come on - where's your imagination? :roll:

How about

Olivier Wilde vs Jennifer Morrison (hot lady doctors in House) with rubber truncheons in a vat of custard? :wink:

Here's Olivier

olivia_wilde-worldztuff.jpg
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    ...but in the sentiment that you intended, how about Judge Dredd up against the Penguin? Shortest comic ever?
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Well said MRS.

I'd nominate Amanda Goodman from Look East v Suranne Jones (Scott & Bailey) as a warm up

Precursor to the main fight I'd really like to see Boris kick ten bells out of millipede, no holds barred.

Main event - Sir Alex Ferguson v Mancini, 10 rounds of 3 minutes that may stretch to 5 or 6 if SAF is on the right end of a good slapping.

Sorry. Comic books ain't my bag. How about Lord Snooty giving Desperate Dan a go?
  • rick_chasey

How about

Olivier Wilde vs Jennifer Morrison (hot lady doctors in House) with rubber truncheons in a vat of custard? :wink:

Here's Olivier

Photoshop innit.
  • EKE_38BPM
    olivia_wilde-worldztuff.jpg

Poor girl. Someone has stolen most of her clothes and now she looks really chilly. Send her my way and I'll warm her up.

How about all of the current or former world champions currently in F1 in identical cars?
    As much as I hate saying it, I'd have to put my money on the cheating Spaniard.

Or what about the nearly men in F1? Webber, Massa, Trulli, Kovalienen, de la Rosa.
    Over one lap, Trulli. After a full race distance, Webber.

• rick_chasey
    Merckx vs Armstrong :twisted:

Or a rolling hills TT - Indurain vs Cancellara.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Merckx vs Armstrong :twisted:

Or a rolling hills TT - Indurain vs Cancellara.

No contest really is it.

Big Mig vs Spartacus would be a good un though.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    Alien Vs Predator? Sounded better in theory. Though the game was excellent.
    Coincidence. I recorded that off the telly a few weeks ago and watched it last night. At the end it said next week AVP Requiem or something like that. Didn't record that though :?
  • Drfabulous0
    Drfabulous0 Posts: 1,539
    Some of these have been done
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Other vs.

Hulk vs Superman Superman (unless Worldbreaker Hulk
    Superman vs Silver Surfer Superman
    Hawkeye vs Green Arrow Hawkeye
    Goku vs Ryu That's just silly, Goku can destroy planets
    Batman vs Captain America Never fought but squared up and Bats said "Ok Avenger, I concede you could probably beat me."
    Robin vs Bucky/Winter Soldier Bucky would just shoot him
    Green Lantern vs Quasar Green Lantern
  • mattcroad
    mattcroad Posts: 189
    Tom Vs Jerry?

...wait a minute, i think that has been done.

How 'bout Speedy Vs Sylvester?

...OK then, Jerry Vs Sylvester.
    There is a rule for that
    FCN 4 2009 Trek 1.5
    FCN 11 2007 Apollo XC.26s
  • EKE_38BPM
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Other vs.

Hulk vs Superman Superman (unless Worldbreaker Hulk
    Superman vs Silver Surfer Superman
    Hawkeye vs Green Arrow Hawkeye
    Goku vs Ryu That's just silly, Goku can destroy planets
    Batman vs Captain America Never fought but squared up and Bats said "Ok Avenger, I concede you could probably beat me."
    Robin vs Bucky/Winter Soldier Bucky would just shoot him
    Green Lantern vs Quasar Green Lantern

Do we have a possible Battle of the Comic Book Geeks on our hands?
    So, DDD Vs Dr. Fabulous?

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Do we have a possible Battle of the Comic Book Geeks on our hands?
    So, DDD Vs Dr. Fabulous?

*cradles head in hands*
  • meanredspider

How about

Here's Olivier

Photoshop innit.

Hmmm - I'm not so sure. But it gives me an excuse to post one that I'm pretty sure isn't

Olivia-Wilde-olivia-wilde-8212169-1280-800.jpg
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rick_chasey

How about

Here's Olivier

Photoshop innit.

Hmmm - I'm not so sure. But it gives me an excuse to post one that I'm pretty sure isn't
    For sure.

As much as we wish, people don't actually look like that.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Other vs.

1. Hulk vs Superman Superman (unless Worldbreaker Hulk
    2. Superman vs Silver Surfer Superman
    3. Hawkeye vs Green Arrow Hawkeye
    4. Goku vs Ryu That's just silly, Goku can destroy planets
    5. Batman vs Captain America Never fought but squared up and Bats said "Ok Avenger, I concede you could probably beat me."
    6. Robin vs Bucky/Winter Soldier Bucky would just shoot him
    7. Green Lantern vs Quasar Green Lantern

1. Yes Worldbreaker Hulk beats Superman, but personally I think regular Hulk also beats Superman and I don't agree with the crossover that has Hulk punching Superman until he gets tired. When has the Hulk ever gotten tired (except that one time he shagged Umar - Dormammu's sister and lasted only 6 mins and was so satisfied he changed back to Banner and couldn't change back again). Honestly, all that would really happen is the Hulk would be punching Superman, Supes would be standing there, Hulk would get more angry, reach Doomsday levels of strength and kill him. Hulk would beat Doomsday as well. Shucks, as long as we agree Blackbolt could kick Superman's ass (the Blackbolt that lost to Hulk was a Skrull) we can be friends.

And on the subject of Blackbolt a man named Blackagar Boltagon should never lose a fight ever! Especially not to Vulcan. :x

2. How on Earth is the largely physical powers of Superman going to contend with the Power Cosmic that is power on a cosmic scale. Silver Surfer can manipulate molecules, energy and do any number of things, his physical strength, speed is an extension of his cosmic power and he is cosmically aware. I really don't think you've thought it through. At present he is the only herald Galactus actually trusts with a fraction of his power (power cosmic - all the others have power on a cosmic scale).

3. I think they shoot each other with equal accuracy.

4. I agree. OK Goku vs Superman? Goku vs Surfer?

5. Yes, I loved that comic to. With "prep time" though Batman would win.

6. No guns, as much as I hate to say it, Dick Grayson is one of three humans capable of performing the quadruple somersault that's got to stand for something in a fight.

7. Confidence wise pre-Annihilation I'd have said Lantern. Post Annihilation and subsequent death I'm going with Wendell. Also, latern rings can run out of juice, Quasar doesn't have that problem.

Thor vs Superman This scene disgusted me to my very soul. Superman, who is vulnerable to magic, should never have stopped Thor's magical hammer.

Ah, that was fun. I thank you. I know Greg wants to play too!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,357

How about

Here's Olivier

Photoshop innit.

For sure.

Indeed they don't. And tbh, meh. Olivier is a (French) bloke's name.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • meanredspider
    rjsterry wrote:

How about

Here's Olivier

Photoshop innit.

For sure.

Indeed they don't. And tbh, meh. Olivier is a (French) bloke's name.

They do, however, look more like that than the huge bloke who turns green and rips through his clothes though :wink: I know which ones I prefered looking at as a teenager :wink:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    :wink: I know which ones I prefered looking at as a teenager :wink:
    I completely agree, as per my Debbie Harry comments on the yoof thread. Michelle Pfeiffer looked pretty good as Catwoman as I recall.
    When I was at school there was supposed to be a big fight between 2 local girls' schools on the common. Unfortunately it never happened as about a thousand teenage boys turned up to watch and the few girls present chickened out.
  • meanredspider
    To kinda make the link - Olivier played the girl in the Tron Legacy thing I think
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    My son plays this game, but quite left field:

For example:
    Inspector Cleuseau (Peter Sellers vintage) vs the Daleks