Are 2012 Magura Durin R100 Racing Forks Any Good?

whiskeybiker
whiskeybiker Posts: 2
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi folks, I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to MTB racing, but I'm looking to get some lightweight forks on ebay over the next day or two, I have seen the Magura Durin R100 forks on ebay and I need some advice about wether they are worth buying for my Giant hardtail with broken Suntour XCT suspension, just need answering two questions please from someone who knows about magura.

Is 1,380 g considered light? and what does "dlo2" and "rcl" mean and is this useful?

I could really do with your help folks.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    1380g is pretty light, anything under 1500g ish would be classed as lightweight, your XCT weigh about 2250g (and probably arne't even damped, the T is at the bottom of the XC hierarchy or XCM and XCR.

No idea what they stand for, looked at Magura's webby? Magura's have a fairly good reputation.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    No experience with the forks but I am guessing the 'RCL' relates to the adjustment
    Rebound
    Compression
    Lockout

I may be wrong but that's what I would assume from seeing a fork with those letters in its name