Hampshire Hilly Hundred

Just wondered if anyone is driving from New Forest area to HHH this Sunday and could offer lift (there only - riding back) in exchange for fuel money?

Comments

• topmoxy
    topmoxy Posts: 138
    a couple of us going up from sway, but we are riding there and back, enjoy your ride. should be in region of 175 miles. leaving Hare and Hounds at 5.20am if you want to tag along.
  • speshsteve
    speshsteve Posts: 352
    Just did this and have to say I really enjoyed it. Really well run, hats off to the organisers...great event.

Steve
    My Marmotte 2012 Blog:
    http://steve-lamarmotte2012.blogspot.com/
    cervelo R5 VWD
    Spesh Roubaix
    Genesis Equilibrium
    Spesh FSR Stumpy Expert
    Spesh M4 Stumpy
    Brompton SL2
    Giant TCX
    Canyon Grandcanyon 29er
  • twotyred
    twotyred Posts: 822
    Yes its a good event. My third time this year. Got in with a couple of good groups. First one had a fit (in both senses of the word) lady on the front for most of it and the second had a big guy on a BMC with a red BMC top on who did big turns at the front. Just had a look at your blog entry. Wasn't the same guy you did a stint with by any chance?
  • speshsteve
    speshsteve Posts: 352
    The guy in my blog had a yellow jersey and was on a cannondale synapse and appeared to maintain a bloody great diesel engine about his person.
    My Marmotte 2012 Blog:
    http://steve-lamarmotte2012.blogspot.com/
    cervelo R5 VWD
    Spesh Roubaix
    Genesis Equilibrium
    Spesh FSR Stumpy Expert
    Spesh M4 Stumpy
    Brompton SL2
    Giant TCX
    Canyon Grandcanyon 29er
  • Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    it was a good day and I had a good ride well the second half anyway :D
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010
  • topmoxy
    topmoxy Posts: 138
    great day, excellent weather , organised really well. put in a few extra miles by riding there and back too. knackered now .
    http://app.strava.com/rides/8470269
  • boondog
    boondog Posts: 205
    there were some strong riders out this year, so I managed to get in with some good groups.
    3rd time for me, and the best too, the route was far better apart from that pothole run towards the end, no queues to register, just a small queue for the start line.
    Very impressed by those that posted gold times, and chucked in extra mileage, :shock:
  • topcattim
    topcattim Posts: 766
    I rode this about four years ago and returned for a second time yesterday. Much bigger event and better route than previously. I live in Winchester so know the roads well round here, but was impressed with the way that the organisers found small but well surfaced roads and avoided towns. For example, the route around Alrseford was ingenious!

Lovely day's weather, particularly since the recent weather has been so rotten, and really well organised (loads of people at the start to get you registered etc.). I particularly liked the fact that they bothered to station a marshal at the temporary traffic lights at Colden Common to stop people jumping onto the pavement (although, ironically, then the lights got stuck at red so we all just sailed through).

Also liked the fact that the t-shirts were not included in the entry price, but were sold cheaply at the end - made it possible to decide whether or not you wanted one. My only slight gripe was re the food. I only stopped at the second feed stop, where I loved the fact that they had crisps, but the rest of the food was pretty unappealing - but then tastes differ and others may have found it better.

So, after a few years away from the HHH, I'll be back next year.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Did this event yesterday for the 4th year in a row. I think it is one of the better organised sportives and the route is fantastic. Got in a good group for a while around the 60-80 mile mark which I think psychologically is the worst part of any 100 miler!
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    I was a bit frustrated they started taking down the signs on me as I was mending a flat tyre only 1 km from the start. I had to resort to the route card until Meon town hall where the first feed was. Not impressed.

Despite this I think my time was ok, we'll see when the times come out...
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • boondog
    the results were out last night, here they are ...
    http://www.dbmax.co.uk/assets/results/8 ... 1336939294
  • topcattim
    topcattim Posts: 766
    I was a bit frustrated they started taking down the signs on me as I was mending a flat tyre only 1 km from the start. I had to resort to the route card until Meon town hall where the first feed was. Not impressed.

Despite this I think my time was ok, we'll see when the times come out...
    That's bad luck FransJacques. There were a lot of p*******s yesterday and the p****** fairy visited me too. I felt particularly sorry for the guy who was repairing a flat about 3 miles from the finish.
  • boondog
    I saw quite a few punctures, but not as many as last year, and the roads were in much better condition. Hardly any gravel patches this year in comparison. My only gripe was the queue for a cup of tea afterwards, I bailed in the end.
    Got my new fridge magnet in place, and nice to see an organiser who doesn't feel obliged to give away t-shirts and other stuff at the end.