Eurosport Player numptiness

CiB
CiB Posts: 6,098
edited May 2012 in Commuting chat
Ok - bit of a faux pas on my part but there must be a way round it. Here's the sketch.

I signed up for the Eurosport Player 12 month deal (£2.99 / month, 12 month min), and thought I was creating an a/c to access Eurosport through a web browser. When I fired up the iPad it turned out that I'd signed up for the PC service and that the iPad version is a totally different kettle of fish, which would require me to create a new a/c. I'd have thought it the easiest thing in the world for Eurosport to shift my a/c to the iPad service, or just cancel it and I recreate it under threat of me failing to honour a contractual agreement. They've gone quiet on me though, so I'm left wondering what's the best option.

I could leave it on the PC service and use that even though it ties me to a corner of the house. I can bombard ES with emails asking what is the problem, or I could invoke some aspect of consumer law (which one?) that regulates distance selling. What's the view here on the best way forward?

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Any chance to pick up the phone?
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Stop using over-hyped, expensive, tied-in, vulnerable pieces of consumer trash and use a PC?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Count yourself lucky. I signed up for Cycling.tv before realising it wasn't covering the Giro and most of the live stuff is only available outside Europe.

Je suis le numpty.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    The joys of working from home :D
  • CiB
    Well that's kin useful innit :wink:

Phone em? No phone numbers on web site.

Don't use overpriced tat. Best toy I own, and I don't want to hide away behind a pc watching some blokes grunting & sweating.

An admission that someone else got it wrong in a different way. Not just me then.

A note to say 'I'm working at home'. Brill. Are you on your own? I'll pop round for a cup of tea a slice of cake then.

Anyone with any useful advice feel free to proffer it. Thx.
    :)
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Excuse me for posting something a bit boasting that didn't answer your query. Since everyone else seems to do it I thought it was compulsory.

I'm not alone (parents are here) but we do have chocolate fairy cakes if you fancy one (12 cakes between 3 of us, reason we're all fat right there).
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Can't you watch it on a browser on the iPad?

If not, keep bombarding them, make those frenchies surrender. It won't take long I'm sure.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • CiB
    prawny wrote:
    Can't you watch it on a browser on the iPad?
    Nope. Requires Silverlight from MS; non-compatible.
    suzyb wrote:
    I'm not alone (parents are here) but we do have chocolate fairy cakes if you fancy one (12 cakes between 3 of us, reason we're all fat right there).
    Save us a bit then. I'll put the lights back on and set off in a while. :)
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Cant you plug the ipad into the TV so you can all watch it together?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills