C2C Tyres

Bloz
Bloz Posts: 31
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
I am about to do the C2C and it will be my first long'ish ride ever. In my shed I have Schwalbe 23mm Ultremo ZX's and Michelin Krylion Carbon 25mm's to choose from - I guess the Michelin's are tougher and the Schwalbe's maybe roll better - any idea which would be the better choice. I haven't done any long enough/wet enough rides on both to have any clue as to whether one is comfier/more secure in the wet. I want to give myself the best chance of enjoying this ride ....

Comments

• wishitwasallflat
    wishitwasallflat Posts: 2,927
    If you can try them out first - but if you can't usual wisdom is the wider tyres (if a similar quality which I believe these two models are) give a more comfy ride.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    done 2,000 miles on a set of ultremos without a puncture, luck of the draw, but am doing a c2c in 2 weeks time on the same set of ultremos, good luck with yours
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Mikey1976
    Mikey1976 Posts: 165
    i did the c2c last year and the last 40ish miles cut my tyres to shreds. The last stint is mainly semi rough going so not very good on the tyres. Im doing it again next month and im gunna change them to a more durable type.